CHAPTER ONE

BATMAN | BAT FAMILY (assorted canon)

────────────────────

"Long Overdue" (Bruce Wayne x Batmom!Reader)

| Reader was with Bruce in the past but grew distant after Jason's death. No one tells her when he comes back from the dead until Bruce is forced to bring her in on an ambush when they're overwhelmed. -Jason and Batmom!Reader reunion.

| SFW, canon typical action, Reader & Bruce are divorced, -angry!reader & Caribbean-American!Reader (kinda)

| This is like half fanon half UTRH/Batman:Hush. I'm really just fucking around with canon rn. Also the pictures used are just for aesthetics and have no contextual meaning to the story. (pic source: Gotham Knights video game)

| 1k+ words

cross posted on Tumblr @ apocalypse-shuffle (and on Ao3 @ apocalypse_no)

"Baaats!"

At Dick's pointed tone, thrown across the battlefield as he's cornered by six of Black Mask's and Penguin's combined men, Bruce clenches his teeth harder.

"Ah shit." Jason throws one goon into two more with a grunt. "If golden boy's getting panicky, what's that mean for the rest of us?"

Dick takes two guys out with an escrima stick.

"Har har, Hood."

Jason shrugs from the other side of the factory floor, looking increasingly more frustrated and likely to abandon Bruce's 'no gun' stipulation for their shared mission as he's ganged up on.

"This really isn't looking good, Bats."

Barbra's voice coming into his earpiece just adds to the steady growth of gray hairs on his head. Bruce brings his hands up to block the swing of a crowbar from a man wearing a crude approximation of Black Mask's face.