CHAPTER TWO

BATMAN | BATFAMILY (assorted canon)

────────────────────

────────────────────"Long Overdue" (Bruce Wayne x Batmom!Reader)| SFW, canon typical action, cursing, past death of a child, Reader & Bruce are divorced, -angry!reader | 1k+ words

"Long Overdue" (Bruce Wayne x Batmom!Reader)
| SFW, canon typical action, cursing, past death of a child, Reader & Bruce are divorced, -angry!reader
| 1k+ words

────────────────────"Long Overdue" (Bruce Wayne x Batmom!Reader)| SFW, canon typical action, cursing, past death of a child, Reader & Bruce are divorced, -angry!reader | 1k+ words

Bruce clears his throat for the third time in ten minutes.

In contrast you roll your eyes for the third time in just as long before bending over to switch on the A/C. The Batmobile got stale whenever Bruce started binging. The vehicle not smelling like old blood and sweat stopped being important once your ex husband neglected his duties as Bruce Wayne.

Once upon a time that negligence would have worried you. Still does even if you vehemently tamp it down.

Another clearing of his throat.

"Spit it out already," you hold your arm tighter to your chest at a bump in the road as you watch him, bullet wound treated rudimentarily enough to hold you over until you get to the cave and adding to the scent of blood.

Bruce isn't a meta-human; he still emoted even if he did it in such small increments that the untrained eye wouldn't catch on. You were far from untrained though; you've been speaking Bruce almost as long as Alfred has and so you see the twist of fearangersorrow that flashes across his face.

The same damn twist of fearangersorrow from the last days of you and Bruce's relationship. This time around your stomach doesn't drop and your body doesn't flare, mirroring those same emotions. You don't answer Bruce's natural pull at all in fact, only sigh as you do your best to keep your arm from jarring.

"I didn't come here to fight. Say what you want."

Not that you expected to get much leeway on that front. Asking Bruce to communicate without a million half truths was like asking a baby to scrape the paint off thirty feet walls. It could be done technically, it would just take a lot of patience and outside assistance.