CHAPTER THREE

BATMAN | BATFAMILY (assorted canon)

────────────────────

•Caribbean word of the day(i.e.,the glossary): "Briss" - to be nosey or intrusive.•

Okay correction

Okay correction. That "Red Hood guy" actually is a problem. A very big problem - or no - it's not that Hood is the problem, it's that the situation surrounding him is problematic.

Your voice comes out so faint it's almost melodic. "Run that by me one more time?"

"Jason's alive," Bruce confirms. Voice barely above a whisper floating across the recycled air of the Batmobile and to your ears.

You want to grab that whisper and shove it back into his mouth with everything you have. How can he even speak when you feel like the air has been sucked from your body. Your mask comes off on your next inhale.

Jason. Your Jason was alive? A fully grown adult even. Jason was alive and he was the Red Hood and Bruce had neglected to tell you until this very moment. Their last big confrontation had happened almost a whole month ago!

"So you mean to tell me that you had almost going on five weeks from the second you found out to tell me my son was alive," you wave your hands in defeated astonishment before flowing into a shrug. "and just didn't?"

"It was still 'need to know' information. The situation wasn't stable enough to tell you about."

You slowly bob your head up and down.

"Oh okay, yeah sure. I guess I didn't 'need to know' my son was chilling back from the dead less than an hour away from me," the laugh you let out has too much edge to be truly reassuring. "Course not. Why didn't I think of that?"

You pose the question at a low volume, running the situation back in your mind. There was no fucking way this man was serious.

"I was going to tell you."