CHAPTER SIX-POINT-FIVE

RED HOOD | BATFAMILY (assorted canon)

────────────────────

TW: brief mention of attempted suicide & Jason's general suicidal tendencies.•

You brace your hands on your hips, stern twist to your features

"I failed worse than I thought as a parent if you think a couple of dropped criminals is going to make me hate you-"

"-There's way more than a couple," he scoffs.

You're swiping your hand through the air before Jason's even finished, the furrow on your face mirroring his own perfectly.

"And I truly don't give a fuck."

Whatever he was about to say stops dead on the tip of his tongue and he balks, eyes widening a fraction.

"Ma..."

And it almost - it almost makes you laugh out loud. The way he says it.

The mirth that leaks into your voice can't be helped. "Boy..." you shake your head. "Nothing about this situation is normal, your killing isn't going to be the magic thing that throws me off. Plus, I have been looking into what you've been doing. I know you've killed people and honestly...I don't care. The hero sticht was never for me, I have a code and it's not Bruce's, but at the end of the day none of that matters. Your choices are your own Jason."

You swallow thickly before continuing, "You're an...adult now, you don't need my blessing."

You won't say it cause you know it'll piss him off, but Jason didn't operate in uncertainty the same as Bruce. So attempting to talk him out of a decision would've just been begging to have your time wasted. If Jason thought his way was what Gotham needed then that was the end of the discussion on his part. You only regret what facilitated the fundamental shift in his stance of what's "necessary" to keep people safe.