Bonus chapter - Y/N's letters.

(I haven't thought much about the time she sends these letter so just ignore my suggestion if they seem unrealistic, it's all just spread over the 5 years.) (also if there's *this* then she has literally written it like that in the letter, it's not like in a story and it just says they're doing it physically.)

A few months after you last saw him.

Dear Jonas,

I thought i would give this a try, i know you didn't want me to come for you.. but I'm stubborn so this is me, still not giving up on you.

Mac told me where in Thailand you are. Don't kill him, I pretty much held him at him point to get the address. And don't worry, I'm not coming to get you..

I've considered going multiple times, not gonna lie, but you were very clear so I'm trying to respect that.

Life's good, i guess. Still working with the usual team. I broke my record on holding my breath under water, 7 minutes. You better give me a proud smile through this paper! I'm gonna imagine it now :-) Good, thanks.

I miss you.

How's Thailand?

I guess I'll hear from you. Bye.

Y/N

A year later.

Dear Jonas,

Maybe you didn't get my letter, I don't know, but I'm trying again anyway.

I'm not working with the team anymore, everyone has separated for new adventures. Mac got a job in china, so he's gone too.

I'm not diving as much anymore. Mostly taking piloting jobs, flying around. Flew over Thailand not to long ago, i looked down to where i think Samut Prakan is, and waved down to you.

My co-pilot looked at me like i was the dumbest person to ever walk this planet. You know i don't really care, but he was really degrading and arrogant, so I didn't stick around long.

Flying over these countries recently has given me an idea though. I've saved up a lot of money the last few years, and i don't really have the need or want to buy something permanent here, which was my initial thought for saving up.

So.. I've decided.. *drumming the table* to travel the world. *jazz hands*
I regret writing the jazz hands now, but I used an ink pen.

Well, anyway. Travel around to see more of the world. I've traveled a lot before but there's still places i want to see.

So here i go, wish me safe travels, cheap train tickets and lots of delicious food!

Y/N.

A month later.

Dear Jonas,

I've been in Australia for a few weeks now. I've just been travelling around here a little before moving on with my travels. Been staying in Gold Coast mostly, but i went to Melbourne and Sydney too.

I've kind of just mostly been surfing since i got here, well, trying to surf. I was so bad at it I haven't managed to do anything else since I've got here, because i wanted to atleast do one cool thing on the board. But i have to settle for managing to not fall off. *huff*

I met this old man yesterday though, he reminded me of you... NOT because because of his age! I know you rolled your eyes so i had to say that.

But he told me about his life, he was a first responder, and i just couldn't help but tell him about you and our adventures. I made him laugh too, i was so proud of myself, because his friends, that was also there, told me he never smiled.