Forever and Ever

After giving Dulce the honors of stomping rabbit Hunter to death, the group headed back to Jericho and Nevermore. Everyone was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. So that was what they did. Dulce showered, wanting to scrub every bit of Hunter off of her, figuratively and literally, and then she climbed into bed with Divina. They laid on their sides staring into their newly colored red eyes in silence.

Until Divina finally asked, "What are you thinking about?"

"I kind of don't know what to do now."

"What do you mean?"

Dulce sighed. "For so long I never made it past eighteen. I had sort of given up on the prospect of a future. But now I have one. And a really long one at that because I'm a vampire now. I kind of don't know what to do."

Divina smiled softly. "I think you get to do whatever you want. Didn't you say one time you wanted to major in English?"

"Yeah. But in my last life I wanted to major in music. And the one before that it was nursing. And the one before that—"

"Then do it all." She leaned in and gave her a quick peck. "You have the time."

"We have the time."

"Eternity with you and Yoko, huh?" Divina grinned. "I like the sound of that."

"You and Yoko," Dulce repeated as she recalled their much needed conversation. "I'll talk to her in the morning."

Divina frowned. "Why do you sound like that?"

"Like what?"

"Like you don't want to. I thought you forgave her."

"I have! It's just, I know you're ready for all of us to be together, but I'm not yet."

"Why not?"

"Trust is a tricky thing. She broke mine, and though I forgive her, it doesn't just magically come back. After everything that happened on Thursday and today, the trust is being rebuilt. But until it's completely restored, I can't date her. I'm sorry."

Divina gave a sad smile and raised her hand to cup Dulce's cheek. "You don't have to apologize for that. I understand. And I'm sure she will too. I mean, I feel like such a complex situation like yours would absolutely destroy most relationships. But you guys are pulling through. So it's okay if it takes time. You'll always have me along the way."

"I love you...so much."

"I love you more." She leaned in and connected their lips in a soft and sweet kiss.

After three and a half days of not getting to kiss Divina, Dulce felt like she was on cloud nine as she deepened the kiss. The feeling of fireworks was back, but this time it wasn't like just watching the fireworks. This time it was fireworks. They were the colorful sparks in the midnight sky, exploding with their joy and lighting up with their happiness so brightly that even people miles away could see. They were the never ending light show that made others jealous because they didn't have what they did. Dulce felt the sparks in their lips, felt it in her stomach as it did somersault's of excitement. They were the fireworks. And Dulce wouldn't want to be anything else.

As the kiss continued to become heated, Divina moved on top of Dulce, straddling her waist. Their lips moved as one and Dulce's hands roamed from Divina's waist to up north. But before they could reach their destination, Divina grabbed her wrists and pulled away just enough to speak.

"We might want to stop here," Divina told her.

"Why?"

"Because if we don't stop now, I'm not gonna wanna stop at all."