Look at You, Strawberry Blonde

3rd Life
Flower Husbands
I got an idea. That's dangerous. I'm twisting the explosion Grian caused slightly...
HEHEHE-
——
Scott
——
The feeling of adrenaline and then my heart sinking as the minecart exploded was shattering.
"You're a monster," I told Grian. Jimmy's red. He won't hurt anyone. Will he? No, he's too sweet for that.
But Ren was red. He would hurt people. He would hurt Grian and Scar. He would hurt me.
He would hurt Jimmy.
In a heartbeat.
That was enough for me to start sprinting back to the base. Jimmy is impulsive. Jimmy would start a fight. He'd lose. He'd die.
He could die.
That realization kept me from slowing down before I eventually ran into him. I was tired from running. It felt as though I had been running for my life when it was, in fact, someone else's.
We exchanged quick, jumbled words.
"What happened?" He asked.
"You didn't see? Or feel?"
"It was instantaneous, and I'm somewhat annoyed at Grian now."
"I would be too."
Jimmy started blabbing about how this was all Grian's fault, Ren could be after them, who was a threat.
I didn't really process.
All I could think of was how wrong it was to see such a pretty, kind boy so angry.
I put my finger on his lips, knowing that's where mine should be.
"Shh. We'll get through this. Just- we need to be careful."
He looked into my eyes and immediately calmed down. He leaned his head against my shoulder as we walked back to the base.
That's when I handed him a poppy.
——
268 Words