Chapter 7: The Clash of Heroism and Vengeance

"HAAAA!!"

Chillius stopped running at Rookie and Spooky and slammed his scythe on the ground - this created a giant shockwave of icicles that spread throughout the arena.

Rookie: "WOOAH!"

Spooky: "WAH!"

Rookie and Spooky quickly jumped over the icicles while they spread across the arena. They both began sliding downhill due to the slippery nature of the icicles. They were rapidly sliding down towards Chillius who then saw the two sliding down.

Chillius clenched his grip on the ice scythe.
"Nobody has even come close to defeating me throughout this ENTIRE exam.."

"Tell me, what makes you think.."
He then used his wings to launch himself at the two at a high velocity, with icy winds trailing behind him.
"THAT YOU CAN DEFEAT ME NOW?!"

"ROOKIE! I NEED YOU TO THROW ME!"
Spooky yelled, wanting to counter him quickly.

"Huh-"
"O-OH YEAH!"
Rookie agreed.

Spooky then jumped up in the air, Rookie grabbed him by the stem and began spinning him around fast.

"HERE GOES!"
Rookie vigorously tossed Spooky right at Chillius.

"HAAAAAAAAAA!!!"
Spooky, now with a blazing aura of fire surrounding him, sped towards Chillius. It's clear that up to this point, Spooky had been holding back - and now, he felt it was the right time to fully exert himself.

In the bleachers, Dezda finally woke up from being unconscious.
"H-Huh..wha..?"

She blinked a couple of times before seeing Rookie and Spooky struggle against Chillius.
"R-Rookie..?? Spooky?"

She now gave her full attention to what was happening.

"Oh hey, you're awake."
Major Sweetie said, who was next to her.

"Oh, uhm, hi. I guess the rest of us got knocked out."
Dezda asked her.

"Pretty much. That was kind of the intent though."
Major Sweetie replied, then looking back at the fight.
"I told them to go all out...but these guys are taking that instruction to heart."
"I...don't think that Rookie and Spooky can win though, considering how much Chillius has dominated the competition."

"...I've seen it myself before.."
Dezda said to herself as she watched them fight.
"When these two are working together, they never go down easy.."
"Even if they know they can't win, they're still going to try everything."
"That's Rookie and Spooky for you."

"W-WHA-?"
Chillius watched Spooky blast towards him, unable to react.

Spooky then tightly grabbed onto Chillius.

Chillius hovered in the air with his wings, looking down at Spooky in shock.
"What are you-?!"

"Sorry, buddy!"
Spooky said and looked up at Chillius with a smirk.

"FLASH FIIIIIRE!!!!"