Chapter 12: Can Agents be Heroes too?

"HAH!"
Chillius jumped at Beth and tried to slash her with his ice blade.

Beth would strafe to the left to avoid this and would then click down on the bottle caps on her soda bombs.

"Sorry, but my leaders wouldn't be too happy if you knew about our plans!"
Beth threw the bombs at Chillius, and he swiftly dodged the explosions.

"If anything makes your vile kind happy, then I want it destroyed immediately!"
Chillius said.

"Oh my! Why do you feel the need to be so cut-throat, sir? I'm only doing my job~"

"Because violence and anger are the only language you monsters speak!"

"Really?"
Beth pulled out two small water guns from her lab coat pockets to dual wield them; She spun them around with her fingers as she pulled them out. They were visibly filled with orange soda.
"And what makes you any different?"

("How much soda does she even have?!")
Chillius said, gritting his teeth and he watched this.

Chillus exhaled from his snout.
"The difference is that I'm not trying to destroy all organic life, unlike you rotten creatures."
"Brains are the most powerful tool that life has given us...if you want to take that from us, then don't expect us to let you take them quietly!"

"Hmph! I'm a scientist, you polar bear. Don't act like you know better than I do!"
Beth pointed her water, or in this case soda guns at Chillius.

"If you're a scientist..."
Chillius lifted his ice blade into the air and pointed it at the ground of the grassy fields they were in.
"Then you're gonna consider this fight a massive miscalculation!"

"HRAH!"
Chillius plunged his ice blade into the ground of the grassy plains. When he did this, the ground started to become covered in ice, spreading over a large radius of the area. This essentially turned the ground surrounding them into a makeshift ice rink.

"Wh-What-?"
Beth watched as this was happening, and slid for a moment as she gained her balance on the ice.

("Hmph, I guess those ice skating lessons back when I was a human should come in handy. It has been a while, though...")
Beth thought, as she nearly fell over while balancing herself on the slippery ice.

"EEK!"
Said Stuffie, who saw the ice spreading across the floor, and started comedically running away from it. However, she wasn't able to and just fell over.

"Ouchie.."
She drifted off the ice until she landed on the ground that was unaffected by the ice.

Spooky's unconscious body also slid off the ice, landing next to Stuffie.

"O-Oh no, Mister Fireman!"
Stuffie said, as she got up and tended to him.
"I gotta find a way to reignite him or somethin'!"

Stuffie looked around her surroundings, before noticing a nearby tree, with a few small, broken-off sticks of wood.

"Hmm..."
Stuffie thought. She might have an idea.

Chillius pulled his ice blade out of the ground and spun it around to hold it upright.
"You're in my territory now."

Chillius began skating on the ice to close the distance between him and Beth.

"Fine by me! We zombies are an adaptive species."
Beth then began skating on the ice to the right to not only avoid Chillius but to shoot at him with her soda guns as she skated to the side.

Chillius, with his exceptional skating skills, skates to the right to avoid the soda, and then chase behind Beth.

Beth looked back and shot one of her soda guns at Chillius to try and create more distance between them.