Chapter 14: Race for the Royalty

FOUR HOURS EARLIER...

Dangerous-looking weapons and gadgets, vials with strange substances, and threatening-looking robots. These were the main components that Crysum's laboratory was made up of.

Up on the second-highest floor of the Zombie Headquarters, this is the place where Crysum resides, and conducts his experiments all by himself.

Using his knowledge of biology and robotics, as well as the funding of the Z-Corporation, he creates extremely powerful weaponry and equipment.

The most notable thing residing inside of his laboratory had to be the Cryogenic Capsule, which seemed to be holding a slumbering zombie. The capsule was full of a strange red liquid, which obscured the appearance of the zombie, making it impossible to identify them. Who is this zombie? Why are they resting in Crysum's laboratory?

Unfortunately, Crysum doesn't seem eager to answer these questions, as he currently has his attention towards finding a weapon of his that he lost recently.

He was looking through some of the drawers in his laboratory, trying to find it.

"Where could it have gone...?"
Crysum said.
"I know I placed it on the wall when I finished prototyping it last night, so it certainly couldn't have gotten far."

Crysum scratched his chin.
"Perhaps it fell down somewhere..."

"L-LORD CRYSUM!"
Beth said, bursting into the laboratory through the front door.

"Hm...?"
Crysum took his head out of the drawers to look up at her.
"Oh, hello Beth."

"How did your mission..."
Crysum looked at Beth, and saw how damaged she was from her fight with Chillius and Spooky. Her soda tank was slashed, her clothes were burnt, and her face was scratched up.
"...go...?"

"About as well as it- cough looked like it did..."
Beth said.

Crysum sighed.
"I tried to warn you that going out on this mission alone wouldn't be a good idea. Especially not for someone of your level."

"I know, I know..."
Beth said, walking over to the zombie heal station in the corner of Crysum's lab in order to heal herself. This would heal up her wounds very quickly, however it would leave her clothes just as damaged.
"But I got pretty close to confiscating one of those Princesses!"

"Seriously?"
Crysum said, standing up.

"Mhm."
Beth said, dusting her hands off after fully healing.
"It was this tiny Stuffy Sunflower girl. She had the same mark on her hand that the book mentioned."

"Interesting..."
Crysum said.

"Buuut a select few L.E.A.F Agents found her before I did, so that didn't really end too well for me...hmhmhm..."
Beth said, rubbing her neck in embarrassment.

"Don't worry Beth, I won't punish you for it."
Crysum said, sitting in his office chair and crossing his arms.
"Just let this be a lesson on why working with a commander is important."

Beth grumbled and turned her head.
"It doesn't feel important when your commander acts like she's five years OLD all the time!"

"I don't understand what you have against Commander Nicket, personally."
Crysum said.
"For a Space Cadet Zombie, she's quite efficient, and even though she may be quite immature, she only acts in a way that's beneficial to us."

"Plus, I find her antics rather amusing."
Crysum said, smiling under his robotic mask.

"Hmph!"
Beth said, crossing her arms.
"Well I don't! Commander Nicket is always doing stuff because she thinks it's funny rather than for the good of the Z-Corporation! I don't care about what she's actually doing, what matters is the intention of it!"