028 that was like, five murders ago

028that was like, five murders ago

028
that was like, five murders ago

In life, everyone throws around phrases like 'abolish the monarchy this' or 'screw capitalism that' but the truth is that people just need something to hate

In life, everyone throws around phrases like 'abolish the monarchy this' or 'screw capitalism that' but the truth is that people just need something to hate. It's the one thing everyone can agree on, no matter how different they are. And in high school, it's no different.

There were the glamazons, the nerds, the jocks, the goths, and the emos, all the cliques even the niche ones. But everyone hated the popular kids.

They were the school's one percent that thrived off instilling fear into the souls of every other person. Topper, Kelce, and Scarlett were like the dictators, and tyrants of the teenage scene. Bianca knew this because she used to be one of them.

And it was because she used to be one of them that she knew the truth— the world just needed someone to hate.

"Dude, this is crazy," Elena whispered harshly, pocketing the keys to her father's wakesetter which they 'borrowed' while he was at work.

The sand beneath their sandalled feet was warm, a product of the Kildare sun glinting against the ocean in front of them. As soon as the bell rang for the last period, the two girls met up by their lockers and headed toward the Surf Break at Mase but not before changing out of their uniforms.

Bianca adorned a mini-denim low-rise skirt paired with a white crop top, courtesy of Elena's wardrobe. The outfit itself didn't do much to hide the nasty bruising her car's seatbelt left across her skin but the girl was tired of trying to hide everything.

They left their uniforms on the deck of the boat, antsy to get to the party. Ahead, they could make out the bonfire, and other kids from her school dancing around it as hip-hop music blasted from a couple of speakers planted in the sand. Further up, boats were floating on the open ocean, and people kitesurfing.

"No, it's not," Bianca reassured, leading them further into the party. "This is fun."

"Ditching school, and stealing boats is fun?" Elena gaped, stumbling in the sand as she tried to keep up.