A Little Surprise

Lotor had most of his plan in motion. There wasn't a lot of time left in the school year, so he needed to act quickly. There was still one big issue that he couldn't quite figure out: how to separate the duo from Lance.

It wasn't long before one of his eyes was on campus, his eyes being those who were in debt to him in some way or another so he made them useful until they settled even, or reported something actually helpful.

"Lotor," a harsh whisper come from around the building he was walking past.

"Oh, it's one of you. Have you found something?"

"Yes. I ended up walking by the three of them today and overheard their plans. The shorter one said that he had a robotics open house presentation in a couple of days, and he wanted them to come. But, Lance has a lecture at that same time and won't be able to make it."

"That sounds just about perfect. Off with you now," He shooed the student away as he was now able to finalize his plan. He was giddy at the mere thought.

————————————————————————

"I'm so sorry I can't make it Keith, make sure you guys take lots of pictures of your project! I still wanna be proud of you!" Lance smiled widely.

Keith pulled him into a side hug and reassured him, "It's okay, I promise. And yes we will take lots of pictures."

Keith kissed Lance's cheek before they all continued on. Lance grumbled about some old guy who couldn't schedule right, the rest of the way. Shiro and Keith wouldn't have had it any other way.

The day of the robotics presentation came up quickly. Lance trudged along, lonely and grumpy that he couldn't celebrate Keith's work or see it in person. A vibration in his pocket paused his depressed trot. He turned on the screen and saw an email notification: 'Today's lecture at 3:00 pm has been canceled due to—' Lance didn't need to read the rest. The presentations were at 3:30! He could make it!

He spirited back across the campus to the robotics building. He looked inside and realized neither of them were there yet. He wanted to surprise them then. He moved to the back of the room and blended into the crowd.

—————————————————————————

Keith and Shiro were heading down to the presentations, taking their time as it wasn't very far from where they had met up after Keith's class.

"You think Lance is gonna be upset about not being here tonight," Keith bit his lip anxiously.

"No, because like you said we're going to take lots of pictures for him and he's going to be very proud of your work. He's gonna do his cute pout, but we'll have other chances to celebrate one another. We could even wait for him to get out of the lecture," Shiro gently moved Keith's bottom lip from his mouth. The words did seem to reassure him. They held each other's hands and continued on their way.

The presentations weren't a long event. Keith's professor would give a short speech and then everyone had an hour to look around at the projects. Shiro and Keith slid into the rest of the crowd by the door just as the professor began his speech. There was more people here than Keith had expected.

"Tonight, we finally get to celebrate the projects of the year three robotic students!" There was applause throughout the room as he continued, "They have put in so many hours during class, and outside of it. We have a lot of creative, driven, clever students this year. Each and every one of them deserves to be recognized for their work. So tonight, we get to do just that. I know you all will do well in your last year here at Garrison and will make marks out in the field! Thank you for the experiemce of getting to teach you this year."