𝐍 𝐈 𝐍 𝐄

ALANI

I can hear Vale rushing into the penthouse, the door slamming shut behind him. I hear his footsteps following him up the stairs and to my room, where he runs through to get to me.

"Alani! Please tell me you're okay!" He hugs me tight, fresh tears now falling from my once dry eyes. "I love you so, so much, Lani. I don't want to ever get a call like that again." He tells me.

"Valen, there's something you need to know." Damian speaks. His words echo through the room as Vale let's go of me, slowly.

"What do I need to know?" He asks, but Damian simply just looks at me. Vale gets his hint and turns to me again. "Alani, what do I need to know?" He says, serious.

He knows that something is wrong.

"I," -I stop myself, unable to get the words out- "c-can't.." I can't repeat it, because then the memory will repeat in my head and I can not go through that again.

"Damian, do you know what happened? If you do, please-"

"I got hurt, but I'm okay now." I lie, my body betraying me as tears continue to slip down my cheeks, my breath catching on something that I can't see as I breathe heavier and faster.

"Alani, you need to tell me what happened. Please, I can't see you like this." And I break. I break down in his arms, praying, wishing, hoping that what I'm about to say is a lie, but it isn't.

"There was this guy-"

"Guy?! A fucking guy did this to you?!" Vale explodes. He stands, looking down at me in rage, though It's not directed at me.

"Valen-" Damian tries to speak.

"No. Someone hurt my fucking sister." He yells.

"Vale.." I grab his hand, holding it as I pull myself from the ground. He looks at me as I speak, "I thought he was genuine, but he took advantage of me.." I manage to say.

Valentino immediately unclenches his fists, his eyes grow wide and his breath falters. "Took advantage of you? You mean he.." I nod. Slowly. Painfully. "I failed..." He whispers, "I failed to protect you. I- I failed as your brother..."

"No- Vale, you are an amazing brother, this isn't your fault. You weren't there, you didn't know-"

"I should've been there. That's the thing, Alani. I should've have known." He argues, but I don't want him to.

"No. We are not doing this, Vale. I'm not letting you blame yourself for this. I'm the one that didnt stop him. I'm the one that didn't fight back." I say, ashamed.

"You shouldn't of had to, Lana. You shouldn't of had to fight back, because he shouldn't of done that in the first place." Vale cups my cheek, before pulling me into him again.

"I'm so sorry that I didn't tell you, I was just so scared-"

"Hey, it's okay. Don't apologise, you don't need to be sorry for being scared, he did something horrible to you." I hear him sniffle.

"Thank you.." I sob, so grateful to have such an amazing brother.

***

"We're doing something fun. I'm not going to be a sad little girl for any longer" I smile. It's true, I'm so sick of being upset over something that I couldn't stop.

"Are you sure? It's only been a couple of days since you told me about this." Vale asks. I nod, hoping to get out of the house and have some fun.

"Oh, and tell damian he has to come. I want to give him a proper thankyou for being here for me." I smile a small, sad smile.

"Of course, principessa." He replies, smiling at me with sincerity. I rush upstairs to my bedroom, quickly walking into my closet and picking out an outfit.

"Oh, I'll be around an hour or so by the way!" I yell out to Vale. "So tell him to be here by..." -I check the time on my phone- "Ten - thirty!"

"Uh-huh, sent!" He yells back, and I continue browsing for clothes.

I decide on a white crop top, and black ripped jeans. I mean, why not take a break from all of the fancy bullshit and go out in a normal outfit for once?

I place it on my bed, before walking into my en-suite with a towel and stripping my clothes from my body. Then I walk to my shower and turn it on, stepping into the water as it cascades down my spine.

***

I step out of the shower, carefully closing the glass door behind me and wrapping my towel around myself. I brush my teeth, dry my hair and tie it up into a high ponytail before opening the door of my bathroom and stepping into my cool room.

I pull the clothes on my bed over my body, before picking out a pair of sneakers and putting them on too. I grab a random hoodie, and rush out of my room.

I walk down the stairs and into the living room and see both Vale and Damian sitting on the couch talking.

"You guys ready?" I ask, wanting to get out of the house for time fresh air as soon as possible.

***
𝐀/𝐍

𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭: 𝟗𝟖𝟕

𝐇𝐞𝐲 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬, 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐈'𝐦 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐛𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐤 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐚 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐞, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐬. 𝐇𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐢 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐚𝐝𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭.

𝐈'𝐦 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐟 𝐈 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐰 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐫 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭/𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐢𝐭 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫.

𝐀𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲, 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬! 𝐏𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐱𝐱.

-𝑬𝒗