Against all odds

Short one ! It's a filled chapter ..... Also give Zac grace he has been through a lot!

Zac tried to lift fatima off him but she held him tighter. "No Zac," she said.

"What you mean no?" Zac asked.

"I don't need you to do anything." Fatima says.

"Why not?" Zac asked. "Y'all still have something going on?"

Puzzled by his response, she let him go. "Go ahead." The truth is she didn't want there to be a fight at her house while Amir was there. She was fully over Ricky so it was never that and to prove that she let him open the door. Zac had some immediate trauma responses to certain things and she was picking up on that so she didn't want to fight him on it but she was going to talk to him once Ricky was gone.

"What can I do for you?" Zac approached Ricky at the front door and Fatima was right behind him.

"This the type of niggas you like?" Ricky asked Fatima ignoring Zac's presence.

"And what type of nigga would that be?" Zac asked him. Fatima was quiet she was letting Zac handle it and this was pissing Ricky off.

"You hear me fucking talking to you Fatima?" Ricky said. "Your stupid ass tongue tied now?"

"Nigga say one more thing to her." Zac said, clutching his fist.

"Zac, don't." Fatima grabbed his arm.

"Fatima, don't fucking grab me right now!" Zac snapped a bit which wasn't like him. Fatima was confused at who he turned into the moment she said Ricky was at the door.

"I don't like this, whatever it is that's triggering him is ugly." She thought to herself.

"Okay Ricky, ima need you to leave." Fatima interrupted the men's stare down.

"I ain't going nowhere until I get my son." Ricky said with a stern tone.

"He's in bed and tomorrow is Christmas can you please just go, this is so unnecessary right now." Fatima told him.

"You think you can keep me from my son while this bitch ass nig-" Ricky was cut off by Zac's fist. Before Fatima could stop him, Zac was beating Ricky's ass.

"Zac please, I asked you not to do this here!" Fatima finally was able to get him to stop.

"Fatima, let me go yo." Zac said his eyes was filled with anger. "You protecting this nigga for a reason, just let me go and ima leave."

"I am not protecting anyone and I need you and whatever this is to stop like right now." Fatima says.

Zac took a pause and took a deep breath, "okay, just please let me go."

Fatima let's him go and he just walked out. Ricky was picking himself up from the ground holding his face.

"Ricky get your ass out of my house and I mean get out right now!" Fatima said. "You don't even care about my son you just hate the fact that someone might actually give a fuck about him when you don't! Stay tf away from me because if I have to file a restraining order, I will."

"You doing all this over some broke ass toy seller? That nigga can't do shit for you or Amir! You're not the same bitch from high school yo, start having standards for your fucking self!" Ricky told her. "My son not about to be following after some broke ass bum he's bigger and better than that."

"Do you hear yourself right now? You're judging him when you use to be just like him, if not worse!" Fatima says. "If it wasn't for me helping you and guiding you, you'd still be like that."

"I'm not teaching my son that he's better than anyone because of who he is or what he has and I never will! You need to be a lot more humble because what god gave you he can surely take away." Fatima tells him. "Now get your ass out!"

"Yeah okay," Ricky shrugged. "You heard me! Keep that bitch ass broke ass nigga away from my son!"

Amir comes walking down the steps rubbing his eyes. "Z? Mommy?"

"Wassup lil nigga" Rocky said.

"Don't call him that please." Fatima said to Ricky. "Hey baby, you sleep good?"

He nods yes, "where's Z?"

"He went for a walk, I'm sure he'll be back soon." She told him hugging him.

"You don't see me?" Ricky said to Amir.

"Sorry, hi daddy" Amir says. "Mommy, are you sure he's coming back?"

"Man fuck that nigga Amir you want me to stay?" Ricky asked.

"Ricardo, please fucking stop!" Fatima says. "You can go now."

"Mir!" Ricky says.

"Mommy, I don't want daddy to stay." He whispered.

"I know, he's not staying." She reassured him and looked at Ricky, "Leave!"

"Fine I'm out," Ricky said. "Don't ask me for shit!" He says before leaving and Fatima hurry's to lock the door.

"Definitely filing an order after the holidays." She thought to herself.

"Come on, you want to put the milk and cookies out for Santa?" She asked Amir.

"Can we wait for Z?" Amir asked.

"Okay, give me a few minutes, let me go call him." Fatima grabbed her phone and walked into the kitchen. She called Zac a few times but he didn't answer so she sent him a text.

Zac😜💙
Hey, I know you needed some air to calm down, but Amir woke up looking for you. Just wanted to see when you were coming back.

Be safe out there.

Fatima went back into the living room area where Amir was and just that fast he had fallen back to sleep. She put a blanket over him and let him sleep the rest of the night. Zac never came back or responded to her text. Fatima definitely was feeling a way about this because every time a man is mad at her he leaves her son.