Childhood Rivalry to Madness Unchained

Shiva guessed the intention of the goon beforehand and escaped the tight hold of the captors holding him, throwing himself on Raavi just as the goon pressed the trigger. The gunshot rang loudly, deafening Raavi into silence but more than that, the gunshot threw her into the depths of despair. She was safe... That meant, the human shield standing before her, wasn't. She could feel her fear clawing at her insides and tearing up the last vestiges of her courage. A scream built up in the depths of her soul and she let it free.
"SHIVA!"
Raavi's whole being shook with grief and an odd ache surrounded her. Her scream shook even the captors for some seconds. They hadn't expected Shiva's move.
Shiva, who was bent over in pain, stood up straighter after a few seconds and without tarrying, he proceeded to head butt the man with the gun and as the goon was rolling around in pain, he quickly snatched the man's gun away, pointing it towards the other three men who were their captors.
Raavi who had gone into shock, watched him as he bled profusely from his arm and yet stood there brandishing the gun at the men.
"Ay Gadedhi! Tujhe kya invitation deke yahan bulaun? Ya fir in bhai logon ke saath chai peene ka irada hai tera? Idhar aa!" Shiva ordered her. She was shaken from shock and followed his instructions without a word. Shiva turned towards the others. "Suno bhai log! Meri tum logon se koi dushmani nahin hai. Par agar zaroorat padi to is gun ki saari goliyan tum sab ke seene mein utar dunga. Apni jaan bachao aur bhaago. Warna pachtaoge. Tum logon ne dekha hai! Mujhe goli lage to bhi farq nahin padta pan agar main gaya to tum sab bhi mere saath jaoge upar. Samjhe?" Shiva told them calmly as he punctuated his threat with kicks on the fallen goon, who was groaning in pain.
The goons themselves didn't actually want to deal with threats to their life, so they started backing away from Shiva. They had already seen his madness and didn't want to test his threat again. As soon as they reached the door, they ran away.
Shiva turned towards Raavi who was watching him with disbelief. He raised his eyebrows in question.
"Aye Maami ki behen ki beti! Aise kya ghoor rahi hai mujhe? Seengh nikal aaye hain mere?" Shiva asked her. Raavi who had gone through severe trauma and fear along with the sudden shock and grief, felt her heart thunder when she realised that they were free and safe, at least she was, because of him. She sobbed once and then threw herself on him, holding him tightly. Shiva was shocked at her reaction. He stood there awkwardly and didn't understand what he could do. He awkwardly patted her head as she sobbed in his arms. When he tried to free himself, she tightened her hold. He flinched. She had unknowingly pressed on his wound. Raavi separated from him within a second and watched his face carefully to check if he was alright. She remembered the gunshot and turned towards his wounded arm.
"Tu theek to hai na Shiva?" Raavi asked tearfully. Shiva watched her crying terribly.
"Main theek hoon Gadedhi. Woh bullet mujhe bas graze karke nikal gayi. Uska aim miss ho gaya tha. Ghar ja kar patti kar lenge. Abhi khud ko sambhal aur chal." He answered her and she nodded as she cried some more. He shook his head slightly and pulled her away from the godown.
They found themselves in a jungle. Shiva sighed. What was that saying? Yeah. 'Aasmaan se gire, khajoor mein atke'. It fit them. He had picked the phone of the unconscious goon inside and was trying to get a signal but it was out of network coverage area. Highly irritated with their circumstances, he cursed. Raavi was petrified at his sudden outburst. She seemed to be worsening before his eyes. He watched her look at him tiredly.
"Shiva mujhe chakkar aa rahe hain." She whispered and before he could reply, she had fainted, right in his arms. Shiva sighed again and watched her unconscious face.
"Sote hue kitni masoom lagti hai. Par ek number ki chudail hai." Shiva said to himself and moved a tress of her hair from her face. He looked around to see if there was anything that could help them but found themselves stranded thoroughly. Going back to the godown could be dangerous for them so he made up his mind and lifted her in his arms, walking towards a certain direction, which he hoped wouldn't take them deeper inside the forest.
His arms ached due to strain he was putting on his wound but he couldn't stop. She needed to have food and water inside her. She had had nothing since early morning and now it was after midnight.
Soon, he could hear the sound of running water and quickened his steps. As he spied the gurgling, clean water, he cried out in relief. He laid Raavi a little farther from the bank and walked towards the stream. He drank the water and pushed his head under it to freshen himself up. Then he washed his wound and removed his outer shirt and tied it around the wound. After he was done caring for himself in peace, he walked back towards the panauti he had married, with water cupped in his hands. He sprinkled the water on her face and she woke up after groaning in complain. She still looked pale and weak but at least she had woken up. He supported her up and began to take her towards the stream. She stumbled twice and he again took her in his arms as he walked the remainder of the distance. She watched him as he gently lowered her to the stream and helped her wash her face and hands. He cupped his hand and brought the water near her lips so could drink and then he supported her back. He looked around to see what they could do now.
"Ab hum kya karenge?" Raavi enquired from him.
"Ab? Pehle humen koi safe jagah dhoondhni hogi. Raat bhar jungle main bhatak to nahin sakte." Shiva replied and started looking around to check if there was indeed a place they could spend a night in.
They found a small cave at the river bank itself and Shiva supported Raavi to that place. Soon Raavi was settled and Shiva took his seat opposite to her. They closed their eyes.
In the middle of the night when Shiva opened his eyes, Raavi was shivering due to the cold. She was softly calling his name too but the howling wind wasn't allowing her calls to be heard. It was stormy outside. He crawled to Raavi and opened his shirt from the arm he had tied it on and laid down near Raavi, covering both of them with his shirt. He took her closer to him and made sure that it was his back that faced the opening of the cave and shielded her form. Raavi looked up and saw him gently as he slipped away to sleep.
She didn't know what had actually happened but she was feeling different towards this man. He was still rude but he was hers. And she was sure there weren't many women who could boast about their man taking bullets for them but she was one of those few. He had proven that he could go to the extreme for her protection and it made her feel all warm and fuzzy. If he could go to this extent for someone he didn't even love what could he end up doing for the ones he loved? She mused as she watched him sleep. Now she was feeling much warmer than before.
The way he had carried her and helped her to get freshened up despite his injuries. He was the ultimate example of hard exterior and soft interior. She was still replaying all the moments she had spent with him within the captivity and even after the kidnapping. She smiled happily for the first time after the entire Dev fiasco and she realised that she finally had a haven, a safe corner where she could always find protection.
In her own thoughts, she didn't understand what she even was doing as she drew forward and placed a kiss on his forehead. She had always seen him as someone who didn't care for her and kept being harsh and rude. But today he had just proven to her that he cared a lot for her.
The pain at being left alone at the altar had slipped away in this single night when she realised that Dev would never have cared for her to this extent and she had gained a lot in this situation instead of encountering loss like she had initially believed. Now she could finally accept that the man she had married may not be polished and charming like Dev but he was raw and passionate about the people he loved. Shiva was who he showed he was and he was amazing inside and out and Raavi finally understood that education or refined politeness doesn't reflect a man's true nature but what and how they react in situations of life do. In this situation of their life, her husband had excelled. Despite his dislike for her, he had fulfilled all his vows. Shouldn't she be happy? That she let go a man who couldn't hold on to her even before the wedding happened and got bonded to a man who took all his promises seriously even before they were tied in this sacred relationship. Her thoughts were clear and happy.
She sighed in happiness as she saw him sleep peacefully. He was very handsome and she would prefer to stare at him like this itself so she could etch his features in her subconsciousness.
"Ghoorna band karegi?" She heard him and blushed. He opened his eyes and watched her with complex emotions flooding his eyes. She blinked and looked away. So was he awake when she had kissed his forehead? "Tere ghoorne ki waja se main so nahin pa raha hoon. Aur ye kya neend mein logon ko kisses waghaira deti hai tu? Jagte waqt tujhe paas nahin aane dunga isliye?"
"Main- main so rahi hoon." She stuttered and hid her face in his chest as she turned beet red. He chuckled. Outside the small cave, the wind seemed to be howling but within that cave, they both seemed to be warm.
•••••
As the light of the dawn lit up the world, Shiva and Raavi found the faint trail in the jungle which finally led them to the highway, from where Shiva called Gaumbi and informed him of their location. They also took a lift from a vehicle traveling on that road and returned to Somnath, where Gaumbi and his other two brothers were waiting for them.
They all entered his home amidst the prayers of his bhabhi and mother. They were being checked for injuries and his injury was being treated as it wasn't very serious. One thing Shiva had observed was how Raavi's sight hadn't left him since they entered their house. She was being pampered by maami and mama, even his mother and Dhara bhabhi were checking her and praying for her health but all she did was watch him. He looked back at her and lifted his eyebrows in question. She blushed and looked away.
"Chal beta ab hum yahan tujhe nahin rehne denge. Is jangli ke saath rahi to pata nahin kya kya sehna pade tujhe!" Maami started her drama. He rolled his eyes as his brother was dabbing at his wounds. Raavi didn't answer.
"Chali hi jao tum Raavi... Ab aise insaan ke saath kaun reh sakta hai jiske hote hue bhi uski biwi safe reh nahin paayi. Uske presence mein bhi tum kidnap hui and itne trauma se guzarna pada. I understand ki har koi mere Dev ki tarah loving aur protective nahin hota par at least use thodi koshish to karni chahiye thi na tumhen surakshit rakhne ki. Waise bhi... na ye mere Dev ki tarah charming hai aur na hi sweet spoken hai. I can understand ki tum mere Dev se pyaar kyun kar baithi thi. Aur ab I am sure tumhara isse pyaar karna utna mumkin hoga bhi nahin. Kitne opposite hain dono!"
"Kuch aur ye ladki sahi bole na bole ye baat bilkul sahi boli hai. Ye jahil meri bacchi ke laayaq hai hi nahin." Prafulla screamed and started pulling Raavi towards the exit.
"Maasima!" Raavi stopped Prafulla and freed her hand from Prafulla's grasp gently. "Main kahin nahin ja rahi Maasima. Yeh mera ghar hai aur main apna ghar, apni jagah chod kar kahin nahin jaungi." Raavi declared. Shiva who had clenched his jaw at Rishita and Prafulla's words, unclenched it in surprise. "Aur Rishita... Iss saare kidnapping ke matter ke baad ek baat to bahut clear ho gayi hai mujhe." Rishita frowned at her words and even the other family members were confused. "Agar iss dunya mein mere liye koi safe jagah hai to woh Shiva ke saath hai. Main apne aap ko bahut surakshit maanti hoon jab main uske saath hoti hoon. Hoga tumhara Dev charming aur sweet aur protective bhi hoga, aur Shiva... akkhad aur badtameez ho sakta hai par jab baat meri izzat par ya jaan par aati hai to woh apni jaan de sakta hai aur doosron ki jaan le sakta hai aur ye tumhara Dev kabhi nahin kar sakta. Kisi ke liye chalti goli ke saamne khada ho jana koi mammoli baat nahin hai aur mere liye Shiva ne wahi kiya hai." Raavi said and Shiva looked away in embarrassment as everyone gaped at him. This Maami ki behen ki beti was making him regret his actions. "To Rishita tumhen tumhara charmingly sweet Dev mubarak ho aur mujhe apni jaan par khel kar meri jaan bachane wala Shiva. Aur jahan tak pyaar ki baat hai to izzat aur vishwaas to shuru ho hi gaye hain is rishte mein pyaar bhi ho jayega." She declared. Dhara smiled peacefully. Now she could rest easy. Raavi turned towards her Maasima. "Maasima... Dhara di kehti thi ki unka Shiva dil ka bahut accha hai bhala hi zubaan kadvi ho... Main nahin manti thi. Mujhe lagta tha ki woh sirf apne devar ki jhooti tareef kar rahi hain. Jab musibat mein khud dard utha kar, takleef utha kar, mujhe comfortable karaya aur mera khayal rakha, jab napasand karte hue bhi usne mujhe itna important mana ki khud ke dard ko nazar andaaz karke usne mujhe aur meri safety aur well being ko choose kiya tab maine jana ki Dhara di to kuch ghalat nahin kehti thi. Unka devar sach main bahut accha hai. Aur shayad Dev mere liye kabhi theek tha hi nahin... shayad Dev hamesha Rishita ke liye hi sahi tha. Mere liye jo accha tha woh mujhe mil gaya hai. Ab main kahin nahin jaane wali."
She didn't stop there as she walked to her room  and took out her clothes for freshening up. She also had to eat something very soon but this had to be done before that.
As she bathed and returned back, she saw Shiva had bathed too. Maybe he bathed in the yard near the well. Raavi rolled her eyes good naturedly and began to dry her hair with the towel.
"Bahar itni badi kahani sunani ki zaroorat kya thi? Keh deti main nahin jana chahti! Koi force nahin karta tujhe. Khwamakha ka bhashan jhaad diya. Tareefon ke pul baandh diye!" Shiva was really irritated. He had never defended any of his actions to anyone except the ones who mattered and here this chipkali had given three foot of his qualities to people that did not matter.
"Tujhe farq nahin padta hoga ki koi tere baare mein kuch bhi keh de par mere liye ye matter karta hai ki koi teri burayi na kare. Woh bhi wo burayi jo sach hai hi nahin. Mujhe farq padta hai ki log ye jaan le ki main koi bechaari nahin hoon. Main jis ke saath hoon woh meri surakhsha bhi kar sakta hai aur khayal bhi rakh sakta hai! Aur main kisi ke mun see aaj ke baad koi bhi ghalat baat bardasht nahin karungi. Hoga uska Dev bahut hi accha par ab woh uske saath dobara mujhe nahin jodegi aur tujhe compare bhi nahin karegi. Isliye ye zaroori tha ki main aaj uska aur sabka mun band kar doon. Taaki aainda kabhi humare rishte par aur tere qualities par fir se koi sawaal na uthaye." Raavi told him. He was watching her. She had changed and this new her was certainly more likable. He smirked.
"Waah Maami ki behen ki beti! Tu to ek din mein sati savitri ban gai." Shiva teased her.
"Tu bhi to kal raat se adarsh pati bana baitha hai. Main bas tujhe match kar rahi hoon." Raavi replied.
They both stared at each other shared a slight smile. They would be okay.
••••••
Three months had passed since the kidnapping of Shiva and Raavi. The animosity between them had drastically reduced. Raavi had been able to move on with the single experience of Shiva being there for her if she so needed. She was staying more happier and had almost returned to her self with the additional duties of being a daughter in law.
She woke up with the crack of dawn along with Dhara and started helping Dhara in the regular household chores after her bath. They used to sweep and wipe the house early in the morning. If one of them swept, the other wiped. They used to then wash and dry the clothes then sit together to fold them. Then the breakfast preparation started.  By the time everyone got up and started leaving for their particular work, they would be all done with their work. Even the lunch would almost be done and the preparation for night would be done too. Whole day she used to be a shadow to her Dhara di and they used to talk about everything and anything under the sun. Now if one of them wasn't there the other would feel incomplete.
Everyone else woke up at different times. Shiva and Gautam got up at eight. Dev and Krish woke up at eight forty five and Rishita woke up at ten. When she came down Dhara would be finished with lunch too. This was the Pandya house routine.
Shiva and Raavi used to sleep on the same mattress since the past three months but on different ends. But whenever Shiva used to wake up at night for some or the other reason he would always find Raavi burrowed in his side. She could never keep to her side and she searched for his warmth in her sleep. But come morning she got up with a single blare of  her alarm and rushed away. In the mornings, Shiva never saw her in bed but she used to wake him up with sprinkling water on his face and he retorted by rubbing his cheeks all over hers.
Even on that particularly pleasant Monday morning, Shiva hoped to wake up just like that but instead he woke up to urgent knocks on the door.
"Shiva? Raavi?" Dhara called out. "Shiva uth ja! Late ho jayega. Gaumbi intezaar kar rahe hain khane pe. Shiva! Raavi!"
Shiva frowned. Late? Him? Where was his sprinkle of water? He rubbed his eyes sleepily and searched for his alarm. It showed the rime to be Eight forty five. His eyes widened. Why didn't that Chipkali wake him up? He cursed!
"Shiva Raavi!" He heard Dhara again. "Ghode bech ke so rahe ho kya? Utho!"
Shiva focussed on her words and frowned. Raavi? Raavi was here? He looked around and then felt her move slightly, burrowed by his side. He frowned again. Raavi? Here? How come? He removed the blanket from above them both and found her to be in deep sleep. He shook his head and slightly smiled.
"Aa rahe hain Bhabhi!" He called out to Dhara who finally left them. Shiva turned to Raavi. "Ay Maami ki behen ki beti! Uth! Mujhe bhi nahin uthaya khud bhi kumbhkaran ki tarah so rahi hai! Aakhir aaj baat kya hai haan?" He called out loudly. But she remained unresponsive. He frowned and held her cheek to shake her awake but frowned at the heat. He then kept his palm on her forehead and then the neck before he realised that she was burning in fever. He gaped at her. This was the first time she had fallen sick. He pulled her to himself and held both her cheeks in the cup of his hand. "Raavi? Raavi? Raavi! Utho. Raavi!" He was getting more and more panicky each time he called out to her and she remained unresponsive.
He dashed off the mattress and ran out of their room. Finding Dhara in the kitchen, he held both her arms and turned her in haste.
"Bhabhi? Zara mere saath chaliye. Raavi uth nahin rahi!" He told Dhara who gaped at him for his usage of Raavi's name.
"Shiva tu theek to hai?" She enquired. Shiva started pulling her.
"Main theek hoon Bhabhi! Woh nahin hai theek. Woh uth nahin rahi hai aur bukhar mein tap rahi hai."
"Tabhi to main sochu ki woh aayi kyun nahin. Warna to suraj se pehle uthti hai meri Raavi." Dhara said fondly. Shiva nodded his head absentmindedly.
"Haan Bhabhi! Par woh itni chup hai. Aur uske gaal bhi laal ho rahe bahut zyada. Woh to kal theek hi thi sote waqt. Pata nahin achanak use kya hua hai. Maine kitni aawaaz di, kitni baar pukara par woh nahin uthi!" Shiva was blabbering and Dhara had a fond, knowing smile at his anxiety.
They reached the room and Dhara checked Raavi. Her temperature was actually very high. She frowned.
"Shiva! Ise utha aur aangan maein le aa. Main kunwen se paani bharti hoon aur barf se use thanda karti hoon. Iske sar par thanda pani daalna padega. Bukhar sar nahin chadna chahiye. Main Gaumbi se keh kar doctor ko bulwati hoon."
"Sab theek hai na Bhabhi?"
"Ho jayega theek. Tu use le aa." She instructed gently.
Shiva caressed Raavi's cheek once again and then lifted her in his arms as he began to walk towards the well.
Her silence was scaring him to bits. A world without her voice was mute for him. He didn't know when or how but he was in love with this woman in his arms, his wife. He always wanted Dhara's reflection in his wife but Raavi had turned out to be something more. She had Dhara's beautiful qualities meshed with her own sweet and loving nature. She was in a brand of her own and she belonged to him. He was immensely proud of her, her resilience, her kindness, her smile, her heart, her eyes, her voice... He loved all of who she was and who she wasn't and she belonged to, him.
Each morning when he woke up to her sprinkling water over him signified for him a new beginning, in her presence. Each time when he rubbed his wet cheeks over hers it was him marking her with his own self. Each day when she chirped before him like a bird, it filled his world with her music. The food she made and served with her hands to him was delicious to him and each day when she said bye to him and demanded that he returned for lunch, he felt peace because there was someone who was looking forward to his return. This was his world, which was thoroughly complete. Before she arrived there seemed to be nothing missing but after she came she completed him and his existence. And he had already realised that he loved her. When she fell asleep at night he kissed her good night on her forehead and she seemed to smile every time he did it. A world without her would feel hollow and there was no way he was losing her to anything.
'Pagal! Use sirf bukhar hai. Aise ghalat cheezen mat soch!' He chided his own self as he sat near the well with her in his arms and on his lap. Dhara was already there with two large buckets of water filled with ice.
"Bahut thanda hoga ye paani." She warned Shiva, who nodded. Dhara dipped the mug inside the bucket and poured it over Raavi's head. Raavi gasped. Dhara kept pouring cold water over Raavi's head and Raavi was coming around slowly now.
After they were done, Raavi was shivering. Dhara handed a towel to Shiva who himself was wet now and asked him to wrap up Raavi. She instructed Raavi and him to change their clothes. The doctor would arrive by then.
Raavi laid on the mattress after changing her clothes. She was feeling lethargic. Shiva sat by her side and kept watching her to make sure she was awake. He kept touching her cheek and forehead to make sure she was cooling down and Raavi was blushing at this version of her husband. She knew he cared for her a lot but she still like to see him so worried for her. She smiled slightly at him and he finally felt like the world was all right once more. He helplessly drew forward and kissed her forehead.
"Mere saath dobara aise mat karna Gadedhi!" He softly warned her as he picked her hand in his own.
The doctor arrived then and after checking her up, he gave her medicines and asked for her to rest. He told her to drink lots of liquid and even though she wouldn't feel like it, he asked her to eat. He then went away with Gautam, who asked Shiva to stay at home with Raavi. Shiva who would have hated to do this before, readily agreed. He wanted to be with Raavi right now.
And so, after many days, with constant care and medicines, Raavi became all right again. Shiva felt those days as the longest days of his life and he longed to rush home at every instant. He also realised that he loved Raavi to the extent of madness but he didn't know where she stood with him so stayed silent.
Raavi on the other hand was on cloud nine due to Shiva's attention. She loved it when he made her the centre of his attention. She loved it when he watched her intensely like she was the only thing that existed. She loved it when she realised she was important for him. No one had made her feel this way before but now there was someone whom she could count on always. Who was her's and her's alone.
When she walked inside a room and he was present within it, it felt like his whole focus shifted to her and his eyes magnetized towards her form and refused to leave. He seemed to be always near her, touching her in some way or the other and she liked it. She liked to see him to sleep shirtless on the other end of the mattress and she loved that she always ended up by his side in the morning, with her hair spread on his chest and her hand on his beating heart. Her head always rested on his shoulder in the crook of his neck and his lips on her forehead. They always seemed to be a picture of intimacy and she loved it.
Four months after Raavi felt sick and recovered, Shiva was late. He always returned by nine after Gaumbi did but right now it was eleven and Raavi was pacing in the yard with her eyes focussed on the main door. Why hadn't he arrived yet?
"Raavi! Kya hua bacche?" Dhara questioned.
"Di! Shiva nahin aaya ab tak. Phone bhi nahin utha raha." Raavi replied somberly. Dhara became worried and turned towards her recently built room to call Gaumbi, who himself was worried.
"Abhi tak to aa jana chahiye tha! Itna bhi kaam nahin tha." Gautam said. Raavi became more worried now and began to move towards the door. "Kahan jaa rahi hai?"
"Gaumbi mujhe bahut dar lag raha hai. Main dukaan par check kar aati hoon." Raavi replied.
"Ruk main bhi aata hoon." Gaumbi said and followed her.
"Kya hua Bhabhi?" Krish woke up and asked her sleepily. Dhara told him the situation and he sat up immediately. "Main uske doston ko call karta hoon."
"Haan tu kar."
"Kya hua Bhabhi?" Dev asked as he rubbed his eyes. Behind him Rishita was highly irritated.
"Kuch na kuch to hote hi rehta hai is ghar mein." She complained mildly. Dhara ignored her but Dev glared at her. She shrugged.
"Woh Shiva lauta nahin ab tak." Dhara answered tensed.
"Ab tak nahin aaya? Gyara baj gaye hain. Woh to kabhi aise nahin karta." Just then Raavi and Gautam re-entered the house.
"Arre aap log wapas kyun aa gaye?" Dhara asked. They both hadn't even gotten very far when they had come across some known people who were lifting Shiva between them and bringing him home. He was unconscious.
Gautam was concerned but in control of her emotions but Raavi was a wreck. She was crying and just as she turned, the people brought Shiva in. Dhara gasped.
"Kya hua hai ise?" Dhara rushed to Shiva whom they took to his room and laid on the mattress, shifting aside.
"Kuch gundon ne maar peet shuru ki. Shiva ne sab ko wapas mara par kisi ne uske sar par war kiya to behosh ho gaya." The man replied. "Hum ise vedji ke paas se laa rahe hain. Ye theek hai par hosh main nahin aaya ab tak."
"Kaun the woh log kuch pata hai?" Gautam asked.
"Keh rahe the dukaan ka maal Seth se nahin le raha uski saza hai ye. Baaton se Janardhan Seth ke aadmi lage." One man answered and with a few more answers he and the rest went out of the house.
Raavi was sobbing on Shiva's chest while Dhara was tearfully holding her hand.
"Uffoh! Suna nahin tumne un logon ne kya kaha? Woh theek hai! Bas behosh hai. Aur waise bhi zara savdhaan rehna chahiye tha use. Aur Raavi tum! Ye kya maatam kar rahi ho? Mujhe to sun ke dil mein ghabrahat ho rahi hai. Meherbani karke tum chup ho jao. Iss drame ki kya zaroorat hai? Aisa lag raha hai jaise kisi ki maut ka sog mana rahi ho tum." Rishita said moodily. She seemed fed up with the situation already. The past some months had toned down her 'me and my Dev' syndrome. But still she was sharp tongued at times. Usually Raavi let go everything Rishita said but right then the gates of her patience crashed and from within emerged rage.
"Himmat kaisi hui tumhari? Tumhare baap ki wajah se mera Shiva yahan par is haalat mein pada hai aur tum mujhe suna rahi ho? Tumhen ghabrahat ho rahi hai to apne kamre mein jakar baith jao. Mere pati ke baare aise apshaguni baaten apne mun se mat nikalo. Aisa kabhi na ho ki main Shiva ka maatam manaun. Meri saari umar bhi use lag jaaye. Kitna aasan hai tumhare liye aisi baaten bolna. Tumhara Dev aisi haalat main hota to tum tab bhi aisi hi baaten karti kya?" Raavi was berating Rishita wildly. Rishita was shocked. Raavi was always soft spoken. Today she looked ready to kill.
"Raavi?" Dhara called out softly to say something to her but Raavi was in no mood to stop.
"Jab tak baat tumpe ya tumhare Dev pe nahin aati tum tab tak aise hi I don't care wala attitude jhadti ho. Lekin apne kisi bhi attitude mein mere Shiva ke liye aise shabd aaindah tumne istemal kiya to zuban kaat dungi tumhari main." Raavi warned.
"Aise baat kar rahi ho jaise Shiva se pyaar hai tumhen. Kuch mahino pehle to Dev pe marti thi tum." Rishita smirked. Dev looked at her like she had gone crazy.
"Dev ek bachpane ka sapna tha. Neend khulte hi wo sapna bikhar kar reza reza ho gaya aur main aage badh gayi. Us sapne mein itni shakti nahin thi ki woh mujhe apne se baandh kar rakh sakta. Shiva mera aaj hai, mera suhaag bhi hai aur mera junoon bhi hai. Main Shiva ke liye koi bhi had paar kar sakti hoon. Main usse pyaar nahin Ishq karti hoon. Aisa ishq ki isse zara aage pagalpan ki hudood shuru ho jati hain. Main har cheez seh sakti hoon Rishita par mere ishq par, mere suhaag par aise comments aur bhool mein bhi use kuch ho jane ki baat nahin. Tum apne aap ko sambhal lo. Warna main khud ko nahin sambhalungi. Jao yahan se tum." Raavi turned towards Dev. "Dev! Ise yahan se le hao air samjha do ki is ghar mein kisi sadasya ke baare mein koi buri baat zubaan se to kya sapne mein bhi nahin so jata."
"Raavi?"
"Ek minute Dhara di-"
"Ay Maami ki behen ki beti!" She heard and she stopped immediately. These words had never sounded like ambrosia before. She thought and turned towards him. His eyes were wide open and his eyebrows were raised and his lips were lifted up in a smirk.
"Shiva!" She exclaimed in elation and doing a complete three sixty degree from her previous avatar, she rushed towards him and threw herself on his chest. He chuckled and held her. Gaumbi and Dhara smiled.
"Chalo sab. Kal baat karenge. Aaj ke liye bahut ho gaya! Apne apne kamre mein jao aur so jao." Gautam declared and patted Shiva's head before leaving along with Dhara who smiled at Shiva and Raavi. Rishita and Dev too went off after Dev had patted Shiva's arm worriedly.
"Aaye haaaye! Raavi kya scene tha yaar? Kya dialogues maare hain tumne! Too good! Mujhe to bilkul filmy lagi tum. Kya kaha tha- haan- mera suhaag- mera ishq mera junoon- koi bhi had paar- waghaira waghaira. Aaj to bada maza aaya!" Raavi blushed in embarrassment and hid more deeper in Shiva's chest.
"Aye Gadhe! Chal nikal." Shiva ordered. Krish pouted sweetly. "Aur ye kya Raavi Raavi laga rakh hai? Teri bachpan ki saheli hai kya? Bhabhi hai teri! Bhabhi h bola kar."
"Accha theek hai! I know ki tum mujhe bahar kyun bhej rahe ho." Krish said unhappily and then as he passed by Raavi, he smiled and said loudly. "Raavi Bhabhi aaj Shiva ko tum pe bahut pyaar aaya hai par mera bhai injured hai to khayal rakhna." He commented and before Shiva could find the chappal he was searching for Krish ran out of the room and shut the door loudly.
"Pagal kahin ka!" Shiva muttered and then turned towards Raavi who was still burrowed in his chest. Shiva smirked. "To suhagan ji. Boliye kya keh rahi thi tu. Teri gaadi to badi fad fad daud rahi thi na." Raavi shook her head and refused to look up. He chuckled. "Haan haan ab jab tera aaj tera suhaag tera ishq tera junoon tera pagalpan tujhse wo sab dohrane ke liye keh raha hai to tu is tarah mujhe intezaar karwa rahi hai." Shiva complained humorously. She lifted her head up and looked at him shyly.
"Main kitna dar gayi thi Shiva aur tujhe ab bhi mazaaq soojh raha hai?" She complained.
"Main bilkul theek hoon Raavi. Jiski pati Sati ho wo yam se nahin darte." He told her softly. Raavi hugged him.
"Aainda aisa kabhi mat karna mere saath." She told him seriously. He nodded and kissed the top of her head.
"Waise... main bhi tumse ishq karta hoon. Aur ab se nahin tab se jab se tu bimar bhi nahin padi thi. Jab maine jana ki teri aawaz ke baghair ye saari dunya mujhe gungi lagti hai tab se." He revealed to her. She gaped at him and then realized he had always showed her his love through his actions. And his brand of love had been subtle but powerful and passionate, like the sea and it's depth. Calm from above but within that Calm flowed the strong undercurrents.
She hugged him tightly as he hugged her back and then he claimed her lips with his own. Krish and his warning could go be damned, if they so wished, Shiva thought as he pulled her beside him.
__________