Stormy Nights Bring Peaceful Mornings (2)

Bakugo Katsuki

It didn't take long for recovery girl to send me off and out of her office. Warming up was easy enough and she gave me a healing kiss despite my protest. I didn't tell her of the burn but I bet she suspected or at least wanted to cover all bases. I send two small pops of explosions out of my hands. It works again. The sudden helplessness I've felt a few times when my quirk doesn't work vanishes but that is quickly replaced by an itch I let take over.

My hand glides to my side and I lift my shirt enoughto easily burn my skin as I set off an explosion next to it. It's small enough to not be super loud but still do some damage and I wait for a minute, scanning the now dark and  empty halls for people. Shin- I mean mindfuck hasn't returned to his room yet so this floors side of this wing is empty except for me. I let another explosion go off, lower on my Side this time before I stop. I suddenly get an idea, damn the consequences and go to Dekus room. I knock fast and a little louder than I should but after a minute he opens his door a crack.

"I know you have some so don't even try to argue." I inform the green haired man who looks like he just woke up from a nap. His hair is a mess and he looks a little confused.

"What do you mea- Oh. Bakugo are you asking for" He lowers his voice. "Some alcohol? Cause I am so not-"

"Oh shut up." I interrupt. I reach into my pocket and pull out a crumpled 20 dollar bill and shove it at him. "Does that change your mind?"

"Do you have a drinking buddy Kacchan?"

"... Yes?" I lie and it's so obvious I cringe. "Okay, No."

Deku sighs audibly.

"I was planning on having some anyway I guess. Drink with Me or you don't get jack."

"Are you fucking with me?"

"No."

"Fine." Deku opens the door and he motions me to enter. I sit down on the floor next to his bed with a sigh. I hold back a hiss of pain as the movement pulls at the fresh burns. Deku pulls the alcohol out and sits next to me, leaning against the bed as he opens the bottle and takes a swig

"Why did you want it?" He asks handing the bottle to me.

"Long day." He winces.

"Right." There's a long pause before he speaks again. "I didn't tell everyone."

I take a long deep drink and then wipe my mouth clean.

"Oh really?" I ask in pure annoyance and disbelief.

"I only told Todoroki." He takes the bottle and takes a drink. "Last night wasn't going well and I started drinking..."

"Are you lying..?" I feel so hesitant with him. It had been so long since we had been friends and interacted like this.

"Wish I was." His hand tightens on the bottle. "I told him everything. About my dad, mom, life. And about You. I was drunk. I didn't think he'd actually do anything."

"Of course you didn't."

"I'm sorry. I really am. He told everyone and it's my fault." He passes me the bottle again and brings his knees up to his chest. He wraps his arms around his legs and squeezes. "I don't think you'll get suspended or expelled... it happened in middle school for gods sake."

I take a long drink.

"I don't care. It's fine." I pause. "I only meant to toughen you up."

"What?"He shifts, confused.

"You were a fucking cry baby. Everything tugged at yout poor little soft heart." I poke his chest hard. "Men aren't supposed to cry Dek-.. Izuku. But I guess it doesn't matter."

"What doesnt?"

"Even though you're still a crybaby you're in the best class at this school and top of our class."

We both drink one after another before he speaks again.

"Who told you men can't cry?"

"None of your business fuckface."

"... Was it your mom?" I stay silent and he nods.

The bottle is nearly half way gone a couple hours later and we're laughing. The mood slowly darkens as Izuku begins to speak again.

"Are you ok? Like actually?"

"I'm perfect." The lie feels convincing and effortless.

A gift for yall. Enjoy!

-Saturn