Chapter 15

I didn't realise when I had fallen asleep while talking to Krish because when I woke up around 12pm I saw a text from him which said "Sleep well"

I told him lots of stuff yesterday. I feel drunk in love. He's so nice to me.

He mentioned that if i see some men who stick out a little, i should inform him immediately.

When I asked him what's it about he said nothing big and to just keep an eye out.

Suhani aunty and vivek uncle are leaving for Bangalore today because Sara's going back to college and they need to help her pack and stuff.

Krish said he'd come pick me up.

My mom called exactly when I woke up.

"Ha mom?" I said while I picked out clothes before going into the shower.

The phone was balanced between my ear and shoulder.

I picked out a pink long kurti and a white palazzo.

"Malhotra's ko see off karne ja rahi ho na beta?" She asked and I nodded then realised she's on call and can't see me nod.

"Yes. Krish is coming to pick me up in an hour" I informed her. "I'll talk to you later, I need to go shower"

I ended the call before she could start lecturing me about why i still haven't showered yet.

I took a shower and got dressed.

I put on lip gloss and picked out a purse. I shifted all my essentials from my yesterday's purse to this one.

I love purses!

After locking the door I got into the lift and pressed ground floor button. I waited for Krish while listening to songs. The wind blew softly on my face and air dried my hair.

I saw his car turn around and stop in front of me.
He got out of the car immediately and opened the door for me.

"You didn't ha-" I began but he stepped towards me and put a finger on my lips and said "Shh"

I expected aunty and uncle and Sara to be there too but they weren't.

"Where's everyone?" I asked.

"Oh, they had a lot of luggage. They're in the other car" He said as he started driving.

My elbow was on the thing that's at the door i don't know what it's called and my head was on my palm as I looked out of the window.

"What are you thinking?"

Krish's voice zoned me back in. I looked at him and shook my head "Nothing. Just zoned out"

"You do that a lot I've noticed" He said looking at the road. "One moment you'd annoy a person to death and the other you're silent, staring at an object like it's gonna talk to you"

"Excuse me Mr Malhotra, I do not annoy people! Itni problem hai merse to baat hi mat kiya karo" I crossed my arms and looked outside the window.

"Arey" He said "When did I say you annoy me? I love listening to you talk" He commented.

"Banaoge hi excuses to hide the fact that you easily get annoyed by me" I didn't look at him. I had a frown on my face (gusse wali)

He stopped the car and sighed.

"Abhi to shaadi bhi nahi hui hai" He said. My mouth opened wide at his comment.

"Kya matlab? Dimaag kharab kar rahi hu mai? Bol do ab ki shaadi bhi nahi karni" I said and looked directly at him this time.