Chapter 20: Is it over now?

As Luke stepped out of Quince's hospital room, the weight of her words hung heavy on his heart. Tears welled up in his eyes, blurring his vision as he struggled to process the pain and rejection he felt. He had hoped for a chance to make things right, to apologize and beg for forgiveness, but Quince's words had shattered any semblance of hope he had left.

        Jack stood beside him, a silent presence of support as they made their way down the sterile hospital corridor. Luke could feel his brother's concern emanating from him, a tangible presence that offered some small comfort amidst the turmoil swirling within him."I'm sorry, Luke," Jack said softly, his voice filled with empathy. "I know this isn't easy for you."

       Luke nodded wordlessly, his throat tight with emotion as he fought to keep his composure. He couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that gnawed at him, the knowledge that he had hurt Quince so deeply weighing heavily on his conscience.

       As they exited the hospital and made their way to the car, Luke sank into the passenger seat, his mind swirling with a thousand thoughts. He couldn't shake the image of Quince's face, the hurt and anger etched in her features as she pushed him away. He had never felt so helpless, so utterly lost in his life.

      Jack started the car, the engine rumbling to life as they pulled out of the hospital parking lot. For a long moment, they drove in silence, the only sound the hum of the tires against the pavement."I don't know what to do, Jack," Luke finally admitted, his voice barely above a whisper. "I've messed everything up, and I don't know if I can ever make it right."

        Jack glanced at him sympathetically, his expression filled with understanding. "I know it feels hopeless right now, Luke," he said gently. "But you can't give up. You have to keep fighting, no matter how hard it gets."

        Luke nodded, his heart heavy with regret as he stared out the window, the city passing by in a blur of lights and shadows. He knew that Jack was right—that he couldn't give up on Quince, no matter how hopeless things seemed.But as they neared their apartment, Luke couldn't shake the feeling of despair that threatened to overwhelm him. He knew that winning back Quince's trust wouldn't be easy, that it would take time and effort to repair the damage he had done. But he was willing to do whatever it took, to prove to her that he was worthy of a second chance.

       As they pulled into the parking lot and made their way inside, Luke made a silent vow to himself: he would do whatever it took to make things right with Quince, no matter how long it took or how hard it got. For in the end, he knew, their love was worth fighting for, no matter the obstacles that stood in their way.

      Luke sat slumped on the couch, his eyes hollow and his body hunched over with exhaustion. He hadn't eaten or slept properly in days, the weight of his breakup with Quince bearing down on him like a heavy burden. He felt lost and alone, unable to shake the overwhelming sense of despair that consumed him.

       Jack watched his brother with growing concern, the worry etched into his features as he observed Luke's deteriorating state. He knew that he couldn't stand by and watch his brother suffer any longer, that he had to do something to help him before it was too late.

      And so, with a heavy heart, Jack reached for his phone and dialed the number of their oldest brother, Quinn. He knew that Quinn would drop everything to come to Luke's aid, that he would do whatever it took to help their brother in his time of need.

      It didn't take long for Quinn to arrive, his presence a welcome sight amidst the darkness that had settled over their apartment. Luke's eyes widened in surprise as he saw his brother, a mixture of gratitude and relief flooding through him.

      "Quinn?" Luke said, his voice hoarse with emotion.

      Quinn simply pulled him into a hug, his embrace warm and comforting as he held his brother close. They sank down onto the couch together, the weight of Luke's problems fading away in the presence of his family.

     For hours, they talked and laughed, sharing stories and memories as they basked in each other's company. Quinn listened intently as Luke poured out his heart, his own eyes glistening with empathy as he offered words of comfort and encouragement. Jack had left for optional practice while Luke was taking it off.

      "You're not alone, Luke," Quinn said softly, his voice filled with conviction. "We're here for you, no matter what. We'll get through this together."

       Luke felt a surge of gratitude wash over him as he looked at his brother, a sense of hope stirring within him for the first time in days. He knew that he was lucky to have such a supportive family, that no matter how dark things seemed, they would always be there to lift him up and carry him through.

       As they lay together on the couch, Luke felt a sense of peace settle over him, the weight of his troubles easing ever so slightly. He knew that he still had a long road ahead of him, that healing would take time and effort. But with his brothers by his side, he knew that anything was possible.

      And as they drifted off to sleep, wrapped in each other's arms, Luke felt a glimmer of hope ignite within him, the promise of a brighter tomorrow shining brightly in the darkness. For in the end, he knew, family was the greatest gift of all, a beacon of light in even the darkest of times.

Let's fast forward to three hundred takeout coffees later
I see your profile and your smile on unsuspecting waiters
You dream of my mouth before it called you a lying traitor
You search in every maiden's bed for something greater

Authors note

I hope y'all enjoyed a cute little family chapter!!

Book 3 Name reveal:

Speak Now || Nico Hischier

Can anyone guess who the girl is? You've met her in this book!!

Love you guys and thank you for 7k reads!!

The layouts still haven't fixed 😭