3

Mafuyu quickly spoke, "Mochizuki-san, could I speak to you for a second?"

Honami's eyes perked straight to Mafuyu's deep blue ones and nodded with a small yelp. The sudden change of tone must've startled her.. 

Emu looked between the two, face immediately scrunching up in fear as soon as she laid her eyes on Mafuyu's expression. Her eyebrows furrowed, and the lightness of her fragile smile had disappeared. 

"Eek! Asahina-san looks so serious!!" And with that she'd run off, leaving the two privacy for their talk. 

Honami sighed, watching the line Emu had sprinted. "I wanted to ask you something, if you don't mind" Her voice was brought back to its usual softer sound. The girl nodded and smiled gently, "sure..! Go ahead"

Though the young girl didn't know her well, she'd always pictured Honami as the motherly friend who'd do anything to help her friends. She possessed a sweetness so gentle, everyone saw the genuine intentions of her character. 

And though Mafuyu may be an empty shell of a person, there's someone else who could be the sun Kanade needs in her life. 

"Do you have a job?"

Honami blinked and tilted her head, her smile now more puzzled. "I do small jobs for people here and there like cleaning and cooking.. why are you asking?" 

There was a moment of silence before the student body council replied. 

"There's someone I need you to help" Honami clasped her hands and suddenly, Mafuyu could recognise a spark of determination in her firm nod. 

———

Kanade scratched her head, eyes still forever glued to her bright blue screen. Even in the daytime, blinds were draped over the windows, as to not blare her eyes. She constantly lived in a messy cave of her own, all by herself. 

But that's just how things go. She clicked and dragged, re-listened and edited. These actions, repeated. Everyday. The only sounds she hears is of her own creation, the only conversations she has is within her own mind. 

She'd almost forgotten about what nightcord had said the other day. But who were they gonna find? Pulling her out of her routine seemed like something unnatural, something not worth the energy. 

She stopped, and directed her sight to her bed. Sheets of music toppled over in a more than normal pile, some socks and whatnot spread throughout the carpeted floor. Kanade sniffed, then blinked. Time to get back to work.

———

HELLO

I might start doing more frequent updates idk