Chapter 16

"Hello, Anika"

Reyansh.

Reyansh was my ex. I dated him when I got back from France. Not immediately, but after a few months. He was a rebound.

I know I did him wrong, but he wasn't the greatest guy either.

Making him a rebound was my fault, but the way he treated me was not anything less than evil.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and stepped back. He's the worst mistake of my past and I still regret it to this day.

He spread his hands "Meeting an old friend! Heard you're getting married. You didn't even inform me"

"That's none of your business" I told him and when In tried to walk past me, he put a hand on my shoulder to stop me "Remove your hand, right. now." I gritted through my teeth.

"You're a little mad, aren't you?" He said with a smirk on his face.

"Get out of here" I told him.

"Whoa baby, what's the deal? My presence bothering you?" He said and raised his eyebrows like he's so innocent.

"Your whole existence bothers me"

He started laughing. He stepped forward and this time I didn't take a step back. He cannot do what he did to me all those year ago.

"I just wanna talk to you"

"I will not be having any conversation with you"

The elevator door binged.

"You mean, not here? You're right. Let's take this inside baby. Wouldn't want the neighbours to complain about being loud" He winked.

"What's going on?" I turned around as soon as I heard Krish's voice.

My eyes widened. The situation here does not seem right at all and- What have I got myself into.

I should've taken a step back. Why did I wanna be a hero?

"Anika?" He said again "Who's he?"

"Is this the guy you're marrying?" The menace of a person ex spoke. "Oh wow dude, I wondered when she'd introduce us"

"Who are you?" Krish said.

"Krish, what are you doing here?" I asked. My heart beating at an abnormal speed. This is not the question I should've asked.

"You left your phone in my car" He said and I looked at my phone in his hand. "Anika, is there something I should know about?"

I could feel tears forming in my eyes. He must think I'm some kind of a player who's cheating on him.

"Nothing" I said and took my phone from his hands "Reyansh is just leaving"  I said with as much authority.

"I'm so not leaving. I just got here" He said.

"Yes. You are" I said through gritted teeth "You're leaving and you're never ever going to show up here again"

He tried to hold my hand and just in time, Krish stepped in between. "You heard her. Leave." Krish said.

His voice was dangerously low and it gave me goosebumps.

"Whoa man, it has nothing to do with you" Mole rat said.

"Doesn't matter. Leave" Krish said.

I was behind Krish and it sort of felt protected. His whole body covered me from the front and if i wasn't standing a little to his side, i wouldn't even be visible to someone who would be standing in front of him.