Chapter 1

Looks can be deceiving.

I mean who would have thought Vegas Theerapanyakul who looks as if he eats stones and nails for breakfast and hates birds and rainbows just because they weren't themed 'black' by God could have it in him to love someone who is not blood, someone who he doesn't know really well, someone who doesn't even look at him with any emotion, let alone fondness.

(Love should be thrown out the window)

Well, Vegas wasn't exactly what he looked like.

When you are born into a mafia family, you obviously have to form a persona of a ruthless leader who doesn't give a fuck about anybody. To be fair, it wasn't exactly a lie that Vegas didn't give a fuck about anybody. But but but, in his defense, it was just the right amount of IDGAF. Not too much though. Just the right amount. Never too much.

For those confused, Vegas won't mind killing people for fun. He won't shy away from interesting himself in ruining someone's life if they breathe in a way he didn't like (yes, you can breathe in ways that can piss off Vegas). But he wasn't that ruthless, was he? No, he wasn't (or so he thinks).

He didn't have a complicated personality, he was a part of the most powerful but, at the same time, craziest family of Thailand. He was as complicated as a human belonging to a mafia family with fucked up past should be. He never explicitly tried to be someone he wasn't expected to be but as of now, he lowkey wanted to be the last thing one can think of when they think about Vegas Theerapanyakul. He wanted to be nice.

Nice? Nice.

He wanted to be nice and considerate to none other than the main bodyguard of his cousin who he wasn't and still isn't a fan of. If ask Vegas and his skyrocketed ego (of course he is egoistic, he is a mafia leader for fucks sake), Kinn couldn't do anything that benefitted Vegas in any way. All their life, Kinn had been the cousin that Vegas thought wasn't much of a prize but now, now he was almost thankful to his dear cousin, all for a certain bodyguard.

Pete came to the Theerapanyakul family 6 months ago and Vegas couldn't find the remote that could fix his brain which short-circuited and stopped working ever since he bumped into one hell of a beauty who punched Vegas on instinct just because Vegas stopped paying attention to his body the minute he saw Pete.

One hell of a collision it was, one would say. Pete was practically running to Kinn's office to report to his boss who was technically pissed since Pete was late. It had been a week since he joined and our little bodyguard was still late every day. Vegas was on his balcony enjoying his coffee when he saw someone running from the bodyguard quarters towards the main building. His face wasn't visible until he stopped right under the balcony and started panting. Pete was breathing looking down and then he looked up.

Pete, in all his glory, face shining with sweat, lips a tasty shade of pale pink, doe eyes that could hide so much behind them if they wanted to, a smile that seemed too good to be true, ears pierced, hair tousled, suit creased and chest heaving. He was beautiful, Vegas followed his path blindly and wanted to reach this heavenly figure as soon as he could.

He thought to himself, 'I would charm him. He would answer to me, wouldn't he? He would huh? I'm the head of a mafia family. But what if he doesn't? If I looked like that, I would answer to nobody in particular. I could ask him his rank. Maybe I'm thinking too much, I could just order him. Nah! Thats boring. Maybe I should just...'

He couldn't think more as he bumped into a figure in a black suit and the next thing he knew, the mafia leader was on the ground with a bleeding nose and a beautiful voice beside him apologizing continuously. Vegas knew he was done for.

Pete on the other hand, was getting late.

'Leaving without apologizing would be rude. Who the hell is he anyway? The clothes look expensive. If only he showed his face and let his nose go. Well that is also my fault now, isn't it? Should I ask him his name?' Pete was wondering while he chanted sorry to the leopard-printed t-shirt-wearing idiot on the floor.

"Who are you, sir?"

"Ve—ah, Vegas. Why would you punch me? Are you crazy?"

"Sorry sir. Here, let me help you."

'Vegas. Hmm.' Pete thought while helping him, 'Now who is Vegas? I know I have heard the name before but again, I didn't remember shit from the info session. Vegas.. Vegas..Theerap... oh. OH! OH NO!'

Pete left the hand he was holding and down went the struggling leader.

"Good morning Khun Vegas. I didn't see you there." He bowed down immediately to the figure who was already on the floor struggling after falling again.

"Considering you have punched me without seeing me, I don't want to know what you'd pull if you actually looked at me."

Vegas stared at the figure in a black suit who looked too oblivious to understand the words of his boss. And to be fair, he didn't care much. He wanted to report to Kinn as soon as he could so he took his leave from Vegas which our leader was obviously reluctant to give, and he ran as fast as he could.

To this day, Vegas waits, plans, wishes, and sometimes begs destiny to let him bump into that man who looks too pretty to be a bodyguard and too strong to be pinned against a wall against his will. Vegas had no choice. But the leader wouldn't ask for it any other way. Who doesn't love a good challenge? Vegas had the right amount of IDGAF in him for everybody else but it all went down the drain when he used to look at Pete.

While the level of Pete's IDGAF was a little more than what Vegas would be a fan of. Pete wasn't fond of being judged or even liked for his looks. Pete didn't need help. Pete wasn't looking for a hand to hold. Pete wasn't weak. Pete didn't believe in love. But that's for another day.

------------------------------

Hello people.

I'm Kcreations. Your author. This is an attempt to do something I have been wanting to do for a long period of time. Lets see how it turns out. If great then I will try to be regular with my updates and build a story that you all might end up liking.

Let me know how you like the first part.