Chapter 4

ONE JOB!

Pete had one job!

He was supposed to get the papers signed and get done with the job that was provided to him. A job which was apparently very important to him at the time. Those papers were supposed to be in his hand, signed, and approved by his boss. He should have been done with that work so that he could worry about one less thing.

But NO!

The most insufferable member of this good-for-nothing family couldn't even do one thing right and sign some damn sheets which he probably didn't even care about.

At least that's what Pete thought.

Even a blind person could read Pete's behavior and understand at once that Pete wasn't a fan of the Theerapanyakul family. Well, they will probably say that he hated the whole family and could only tolerate some of the members of this mafia family which included the twins, especially Lia and to some extent Kinn whom Pete was appointed to. The twins made the list only because Pete only talked to Mac and a little more to Lia, of the rare times he interacted with anyone ever and Kinn was on the list as Pete had no option but to talk to Kinn. If Pete was given a choice, he would not even talk to himself. The guard looked too out of it, most of the time. Not high or anything, he looked as if the world around him was the most absurd thing he had ever seen and his eyes refused to register anyone or anything unless it was really important. It seemed like there were storms inside Pete's mind and heart which were far more important than the things happening in Theerapanyakul Clan.

Pete had his priorities set, not known to anyone but certainly set.

Pete talking to the twins wasn't weird though since the twins were the light of the whole mansion. They were the ones who kept the place looking somewhat like a home and not a five-star suite.

The one person Pete couldn't tolerate in that mansion was his actual boss, the fucking head of the Theerapanyakul family, none other than that stupid Vegas, whose name Pete didn't like to say or think or anything at all, and who, for no apparent reason, was not able to learn Pete's name even though he has himself asked for it a few times.

Pete couldn't stand being near to Vegas. That man was a pain in the ass for Pete. He always made Pete late for his work, stopped him for irrational reasons, and always looked at him as if he was trying to get past Pete's walls and know all his hidden secrets.

Ugh! His stupid stares.

Pete had almost tripped more than a few times in the past 6 months while working or talking to his unit or anyone else just because he would find his insufferable boss openly staring at him with unreadable expressions.

However, in Pete's defense, the reason behind his distractions was nothing more than the fact that Pete didn't like to be the center of attention and his boss looking at him made him conscious, just like anyone else's stare would make him. Pete could swear on his life that there was no other reason for his loss of focus under Vegas's gaze.

That was exactly what happened in the office yesterday. Pete was supposed to get the papers signed by his boss, return to his unit, and continue his work religiously just like he would do any other day. Following a normal routine.

But he lost focus.

He lost focus. The last thing you'd expect someone like Pete to do. All because of his boss who for once, is always staring at him as if Pete is trying to kill him, and secondly, could not keep his hands to himself and started touching Pete.

Did he know Pete never allowed anyone to touch him?

How the hell would he know? It's not like Pete said anything to his boss when his boss started touching his face. Pete didn't know where his voice went at that moment. Pete had no answer as to why he didn't stop his boss from touching him, keeping in mind that Pete HATED physical touch.