Chapter 6

"Is that my answer Pete?" Vegas said, having his whole focus on the bodyguard under him as he kept observing the way the bodyguard's body was reacting to his words. Vegas noticed two things that were very evident in their encounters from the beginning.

One, Pete never effectively tried to get out of Vegas's hold (even though Vegas has more or less never dared to hold Pete the way he was holding him now) and second, Pete's breathing increased whenever Vegas decided to call him by his name, which is exactly what happened at the moment.

Pete didn't reply to him. Instead, he made a sound, probably of sucking in his breath, hearing his name once again from his boss's mouth, though Pete would probably kill himself than admit to even himself (let alone someone else) that it had an effect on Pete.

But if Pete thought that his loss of control and faint breathing sounds that he couldn't hold in had no consequences, he was utterly wrong. Vegas heard Pete and the next thing Pete felt was Vegas's lips crashing onto Pete's.

The kiss was urgent, definitely not perfect. Since Vegas was almost punishing Pete for all the things he made him feel and Pete, with his slightly parted lips and shut eyes, was trying his best to find an anchor so that he doesn't drown in the sensations that he felt.

The kiss was far from perfect. Vegas's hold on Pete tightened but seconds later as Vegas started to lose himself in the bodyguard, his grip and balance started to shake, almost as if Vegas couldn't control himself, like Pete wasn't the only one who was vulnerable in this proximity, it affected Vegas too. Vegas knew how affected he was, but unfortunately, Pete didn't know.

As Pete tried his best not to give in to everything happening, he heard a sound. It was the sound of a moan. From Vegas. Pete had involuntarily opened his lips further, giving his boss the access he most certainly starved for.

Surprisingly, that was the sound that made Pete snap out of the trance and gather his strength to break the kiss that made Pete lose his focus and almost his mind. Vegas felt Pete's slight push and immediately realized that his dream was short-lived yet again.

Vegas broke the kiss immediately and tried to search his favourite pair of eyes, just to see if the kiss affected his even slightly as much as it affected Vegas. To Vegas's delight and surprise, he saw Pete's eyes being hazy and vulnerable for the first time, as if he too was slightly drunk in Vegas's hold. but Pete blinked, and that to was gone.

Pete struggled as if to inform Vegas to let him go and Vegas obliged. Both of them stood up from the floor, the air suddenly too uncomfortable for both of them. The whole quest of the file seemed too futile a topic of conversation and after what happened, none of them felt like speaking.

Pete wanted to get the hell out of the building and disappear into his room forever.

Vegas wanted to take Pete to bed.

Before Vegas could say something, Pete turned to leave and took quick steps towards the bedroom door. As he opened the door, Vegas stopped him yet again.

"At least take the file that you came for." Vegas handed the file which was sitting on the bed to Pete. Pete tried to take the file but Vegas held it tightly from his end, as if to make Pete look at him, who was looking in every direction but not at Vegas. Vegas didn't let go of the file and Pete looked at him at last.

Their eyes met. Held. Burned.

"You're beautiful" Vegas whispered like he didn't want anyone else to know. He wanted to hide the beautiful guard in his room, safe and sound.

"You don't know me" Pete replied, again in Vegas's trance.

"I've seen you."

"Only if you had, you'd know I'm not beautiful." The words confused Vegas, but he went on.

"Can you show me?" Vegas asked, finally happy to make a conversation with the guard which didn't involve work.

"People who are likely to burn shouldn't ask for fire again and again." Vegas's grip on the file loosened listening to this and he unknowingly let go of the file which Pete didn't waste time taking.

Before Vegas could ask Pete to elaborate on what he just said, Pete turned to his heel and exited the already-open door within no time.

Vegas couldn't stop him this time. He wasn't so lucky after all.

---

"Where is Pete?" Vegas very much knew that asking Dean, his head bodyguard about Kinn's head bodyguard would make him suspicious but he obviously couldn't help himself. He saw Kinn leave the mansion with one of the senior guards from Pete's unit, something that he has been doing quite a lot nowadays, he knew Pete wasn't with him. The problem was, Vegas couldn't just go to the bodyguard quarters and check for himself what his favourite guard was busy doing. The reason was not just that this gesture was absurd for a boss to do, but also because being a head bodyguard, it wasn't unlikely for Pete to not visit the mansion for a few days, being busy with training or whatever guards did. Vegas hated those days when he couldn't get a glimpse of his favourite guard, but he couldn't just voice it out.

Even though it wasn't unlikely, Pete's absence didn't sit right, something didn't feel right to Vegas. But it could've been because he wanted to look at the man he kissed that night, somehow worried if he was okay or not. Vegas thought how crazy his thoughts were. This whole attraction thing to Pete was supposed to be just physical.

"Pete has left the bodyguard quarters this morning and hasn't returned since Sir," Dean said, after looking at his tabloid. "the formal notice states 'a personal work', there is no detailed information available, Sir."

It's been two days since Pete was in his room. Two days since Vegas kissed him. Two days that felt like two years as he craved the bodyguard's presence more than he was ready to admit. Vegas didn't want to think about how a silly crush could make him so restless.

Vegas couldn't react much, he nodded and brushed off the topic as much as he wanted to keep asking about Pete, it wasn't like he could.

"Have you seen Mac? I haven't been able to visit him in his room, I don't see him in the hall nowadays either."

"Khun Macau has gone out to see his friends again, Sir. He has been visiting his friends a lot after he has returned from the States."

"Does he have his bodyguards with him?" Vegas didn't like the idea of Mac going out too often, it was dangerous and useless, but given the boy had recently graduated, he couldn't say no to him. Vegas loved his brother too much for his own good.

"Yes, sir."

"If you find anything that I should know, don't waste time before telling me." This was good, Vegas seemed to get back to his senses when it came to his family. This was better. No more reckless thoughts about a pretty bodyguard. Finally.

"There is nothing to worry about as such but the documentation team is facing some issues with our data records, they have informed us about the threat of data leak." Dean handed the tab to Vegas

"Which data?"

"The gold market, sir."

"Tell them to be extra careful with everything and tighten the security. I will not entertain any kind of silly mistakes or the whole team goes down. "

"Yes, sir."

"Oh and Dean, find out who is behind it, as soon as possible."

-----------------------------

Hey everyone, Its Kcreations, Your author.

Do not forget to comment and tell me your thoughts. Don't forget to vote <3

Next part will be out soon.