Chapter 10

"You know I love you, right?"

"Yes. I know that baby. I love you too."

"Promise me we will stay like this forever, me in your arms."

"Of coarse Mac. I will be with you, always."

"Zen, you are so beautiful." Macau said, kissing Zen's hand as he moved closer to her, aiming for her lips.

"Mac, I think you've had enough, you should give the alcohol a rest." Zen leaned away, shying away from kiss.

Macau just looked at her, scanning her up and down like she is the most beautiful thing he has ever seen, sitting in front of him in a silver sequin dress, her cherry lips opening as closing again and again as she registered Macau staring at her.

"What's wrong?" Zen asked, seeming a little less comfortable than she was a moment ago.

"Nothing, you are so pretty, I sometimes wonder how I got you to fall for a guy like me." Mac said, moving closer to Zen, signaling his guards to go out of the private bar booth he had booked for himself and her.

This was the first time he had brought his guards with him for meeting Zen and he was already regretting it. He knew how to stall the guards or make some excuse to leave him alone but he decided to give it a rest this time. His guards seeing him with a girl obviously meant that his brother will get to know that he is meeting a girl. Mac didn't have a problem with it or anything, it was just that Zen has told him not to make this public as her family would create a fuss. She didn't give him a proper reason, nor did he ask as he pretty much danced to her music. He could do anything she said, without asking twice why. That was what effect she had on him.

It was almost like a cliche movie scene how they first met, her stopping his car near the airport with her huge suitcases, larger than life sunglasses and broken sandals, asking Mac to give her lift. It was Mac's first day back in Thailand and it was almost like the he got his best return gift immediately after landing. Like she was waiting for him to return so that she could be the best thing in his life.

Mac had to come out of his thoughts when he felt Zen hold his hand and lean in to his ear. Mac's breath hitched and he had to hold onto the back of the circular sofa to hold himself back from making the first move. Zen had said she wanted to take it slow and he was gonna do just that. Anything she wanted. Mac was hers, he knew it for sure.

"Don't you think you should head home, your brother will surely worry. Its already an hour past midnight." Zen said to Mac, in a voice that shouldn't sound seductive but it was, oh it was. It was like she was tempting him to do something wrong.

"Normally he would have called, tonight is just strange in more than one way." Mac was looking straight ahead, he knew she was just playing and he can win this game and keep his cool, right?

Zen kept whispering in his ear, making him suck in a sharp breaths and think of ways to control himself but for how long? Mac grabbed her neck, making the arm resting on the edge to her waist, pulling her on his lap and catching her by surprize.

"Mac!" Zen whisper-yelled, surprized by the sudden change of the upper hand.

"Don't play games you can't take, sweetheart." Mac moved his left hand from her neck to her jaw, making her lean into him. Zen's reluctance was evident and he was starting to think she might not want that when she finally leaned in, giving into the kiss.

"That's my girl!" Mac smiled into the kiss, finally breathing properly, having his favourite person in his arms.

"You are my life, Zen."

-----------------

It had been almost two hours and Vegas had been sitting with Pete in his arms, occasionally running his hands on the latter's back and moving as less as possible so that Pete can have the rest he wants. Truth be told, Vegas was too afraid to let anything ruin these moments for him. He felt like his one wrong move could make Pete vanish into thin air.