discoveries

The guys had spent 2 hours in the Annex by the time they finally found something. Key sat down and read his 5th book. It was a few minutes before he found what he was looking for. He looked up at the guys who were also reading.

"Guys, I found something. There's a story in this book. It talks about this group of people who are brought together by the same destiny. It doesn't name who they were but it does talk about their powers. Some of them have the same powers as us. It also mentions a greater evil that is destined to take their lives. It says it was a family member of one of the group that had a grudge against them."

"Did the greater evil succeed?" Key shrugged.

"It doesn't say. It says the story is a myth but seeing that it's happening to us, that's obviously not true. If we're going by what the story says, it would be a family member that holds a grudge against us." We all looked at each other in a questioning way. Key turned to Onew and raised a brow.

"Hyung, do you have something to tell us?" Taemin and Minho turned to him. Onew sighed.

"I thought I might have been wrong but you confirmed my suspicions. I knew that guy who attacked you, Key." Taemin tugged at Onew's shirt lightly. "He's my brother. I thought he died. I was wrong, apparently. I don't know why any of this is happening. I don't know what I did to him either. I remember my brother being very loving before he disappeared."

"If it's predestined, then that means he was going to become this person anyway." Minho commented.

"Yeah, Hyung. Don't blame yourself." Taemin said scooting closer to Onew. Onew shook his head.

"Does that mean I'll have to k-kill my brother?" They all shook their heads.

"That's a last resort, Hyung. Let's find another way first. Does it say in the book how to win without killing him?" Taemin said. Key looked at the book again. He read a little bit more before smiling excitedly.

"There is a way. According to this, if we can strip his powers, he will become the same person he was before. It doesn't say how we can do that, though." Minho stood up and went to the area where Key found the book.

"We'll find a way, Onew. Don't worry." Onew nodded at Minho's words and walked to the door before leaving. Taemin sent Key a look before following after him. Minho came back to the table a moment later and sat down beside Key.

"Hyung." He shook his head at key.

"Don't worry, baby." Key nodded. Minho opened the book and began to read again. He was silent for several minutes before looking at Key who'd also gotten another book. He slid the book closer to Key and pointed to something on the page.

"What is it, Hyung?" Key looked down at it. Minho chuckled.

"This is our answer." Key read a few lines before also smiling.

Onew collapsed to the ground in front of the exit and began to cry. Taemin sat down beside him with genuine worry.

"It's okay, Hyung. Everything will be okay. We'll figure it out. I promise." Onew could only nod. Taemin rested his hand on Onew's and closed his eyes. Onew began to calm down. Taemin didn't use his calming power a lot because of the massive amount of energy it took. But to him, Onew was worth it. He was okay with being tired for a while if it could help Onew to relax. It didn't take long for Taemin to feel the after effects of his powers. He laid his head against Onew's shoulder. Onew pressed a kiss to Taemin's head and wrapped his arm around him.

"You didn't have to use your powers on me, Taeminie." Taemin had a sleepy smile on his face.

"There's only one thing I hate more than being useless and that's watching you hurt. It was worth it." Onew chuckled.

"I'm sorry for worrying you." Taemin shook his head.

"Don't be. As long as you're okay, so am I." Onew pressed his head to Taemin's. Everything went dark for a moment before Taemin woke up. He opened his eyes and saw thousands of stars in the sky. He smiled and turned to Onew who was looking up at the sky.

"Where are we, Hyung?"

"I thought a nice dream would help you get some energy back."

"I thought you didn't like a dream walking."

"I make exceptions on occasion. For you, I don't mind."

"Why here though?"

"Because it's peaceful and beautiful."

"You have quite the taste, love." Onew raised a brow.

"Love?"

"Do you not like it?"

"No. I do."

"Good."

********************

Well, that's it for this chapter. Things are beginning to wrap up. I truly hope everyone has enjoyed it so far. Rest well during the holidays. Goodbye, loves.

-Thea