06| Missing Her

Here's another update for the story. I know this is a short one but I wrote half of this literally an hour ago while waiting for my family to finish my birthday decorations. Also if you had received any notification about the new episode a few minutes ago just ignore it, I had accidentally pressed the 'publish' button.

1264 words
The team sat together for the morning breakfast as they discussed about their upcoming tour.
"Mahi bhai you have to ask her today" Shubman said
"Ofcourse I remember it Shubman. Let's finish our breakfast and then leave"

A few minutes later all of them finished the meal and were ready to leave
"Yes sir, we have one room on the top floor. Room 405, I can help you in booking that room............Ok sir I have booked the room. You can check-in by 12 in the noon" was the voice they heard while passing by the reception area.
"Aashish" the receptionist said calling a staff worker "make sure to clean room 405, the guest will arrive soon"
"But Ma'am isn't the room booked till today evening" he questioned
"Yes it was but due to some emergency the previous guest checked out early"

The team overheard the conversation as they left a dejected sigh.
"What if she left because of what happened yesterday" Shubman asked fear clearly in his voice
"Hey why are you thinking about it in a bad way. I don't think she is angry, because if that was the case she would have been straightforward about it with Ishan" Rahul said
"And now we also know that Aarushi is Siddharth's friend right so if we need to contact her we can always ask him for help" Rohit added
"Ok now let's end this discussion and get ready we need to leave for the airport atleast by 2 pm" Virat informed as all of them left
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
All of them bid adieu to their wives and other family members as they couldn't travel with the team together. The team with the staff left for the airport in the afternoon, soon after arriving at the airport they underwent the necessary procedures and boarded the private jet reserved for them. All the senior players and the staff occupied the front seats away from all the youngsters as they knew sitting besides them means no peace for the next 14 hrs. The youngsters including Rahul, Shreyas,Shubman and Ishan along with few others sat in the back. Ishan as always tagging along Shubman.
"What's wrong with you, why are you so quite" Ishan asked
"Nothing yaar" Shubman brushed his question away as he leaned back on his seat
"You are still thinking about her right" Ishan said
"I don't know why this is happening. Like it's not my first time I liked someone but why is she affecting me so differently, I keep thinking about her the entire time. I just can understand what's happening with me. Forget it! You won't understand what's happening to me" Shubman said
"I guess I do understand" Ishan said as Shubman gave him a look of disbelief
"In all the years of us being friends I've never seen you like this. I guess she probably means more than just a fling so I'll help you get closer to her but I have some conditions"
"What?" Shubman asked excitedly as he was finally happy that his bestfriend accepted his 'love'
"First, if she isn't single you will move on. Like you can take your time but I don't want you be stuck on this matter. Secondly if everything falls in right place and y'all end up dating eachother and if she hurts you like what happened before don't expect me to let her get away with it"
"Ok I accept all your conditions and anyways I'm pretty sure she's not the type to hurt anyone"
"Whatever" Ishan sassed back "now pass me my mac book"
"Why" Shubman asked while giving him the mac book
"Well didn't I tell you I'll help you get closer you her. So the best way to do that is social media"
"You know her social id" Shubman said in complete shock
"Idiot! I don't know her id but did you forget we all follow Siddharth and since they are bestfriends they will definitely be following eachother. So all i have to do is check his following and voilà I'll find her account"
"You are a Genius Ishan" Shubman exclaimed as he reached his hands to hug his bestfriend
"Don't even think about touching me" Ishan said "now just sit back and let me do my work"
"Fine" Shubman said with a face showing sadness for his rejected hug
"Eyy, how is this possible" Ishan blurted in shock
"Kyu, kya hua?" (Why, what's wrong?) Shubman asked
"Siddharth's account is showing 0 followings"
"That's impossible" Shubman retorted "he follows all of us"
"Then that only means one thing, his followings are private. But hey listen don't be disappointed since I've promised you I will make sure to find some way to make that happen"
"Fine I'll trust you"

The next day
It was the day for the practice match had arrived. Originally it was scheduled 2 days later but due to some last minute changes the practice match had to be prepone.
"It's okay boys. We atleast get 20 hours before we play" Rohit has told the team after they had arrived in Australia in an attempt to release some pressure. The fact that even he knew how tired all the players would be, but the fact that everybody needed to get used to playing in Australian pitches and understanding the opponents strengths and weaknesses was something that was stopping them from calling off the match.

The jet lag had hit Shubman pretty hard. His attempt to get atleast a 2 hour sleep was all in vain. Finally making up his mind he decided to scroll through his social media hoping for relaxation that could induce some sleep in him.
Grabbing himself a glass of milk which he hated from the bottom of his heart but according to his mother was the best thing to promote sleep, he sat on his bed with phone in one hand opening his Instagram.
Liking the pictures his teammates had posted, he kept scrolling further as he stumbled on Siddharth's post

Just as he was about to scroll the post after liking it, a certain comment gained his attention"The girl besides Siddharth is so beautiful

"The girl besides Siddharth is so beautiful. I guess they are lovers"
"The girl" Shubman thought to himself as he hadn't noticed any girl in the picture after a couple of seconds he realise there was another picture posted along with it. He swiped left to see the girl only to the picture of Aarushi and Siddharth posing together being posted.

Curiosity leading him to check the other comments which were all nothing but  'how both of them looked so good together' or 'how they are definitely lovers'

Angry on himself for even opening his social media he threw his phone away from him, he lied back on his bed
"Will I even get a chance to confess my love to her" he questioned himself as sleep finally took over him

To be continued..................
I hope y'all liked it? Make sure to leave your suggestions and don't forget to vote.
Also a very happy new year to all my lovely readers . I hope that you all have a year that is filled with joy and happiness🌸✨️ and may all your wishes come true .