09| Impressing Her

1214 words 

The moment Shubman stepped on the group he could feel the energy the entire crowd was emitting, more than 50000 thousand people cheering for him and his team as their hopeful eyes were now on him. He walked upto the pitch where Rohit was already waiting for him. After a quick talk about their strategy for the game, Rohit walked to the striker's end and as Shubman went to the other end.
Rohit hit the first ball pretty well as they ran two quick runs, with two more singles the first over came to an end.

It was now Shubman on the striker's end, ready to hit big as Mitchell Stark was ready to bowl the ball. Just as the ball was bowled Shubman swung his bat as the ball went high up in the air. Everyone's eyes were now on the ball as it crossed the boundary line crashing into the audience. There were loud cheering from the crowd applauding the shot. Shubman took a quick glance near the VIP seating to see Aarushi looking pretty impressed, 'bas itne mein impressed, picture to abhi baki hai' he said to himself as he got back in his position to bat. Both the openers got the team to a stable score of 135 for no loss. The runs kept adding up as Shubman continued to hit some magnificent shots, he would look towards the Vip box after almost every boundary that he hit, too the point where the commentators jokingly questioned if he left something important there that needs to be checked every now and then. Soon the the first inning was over as the Indian team score an incredible score of 387 with just 2 wickets down. Shubman, as expected had scored 137 not out. The team applauded him as he moved back to the dressing room. The second inning was set to resume after a break of 30 minutes, the Australian team too went back to their dressing room, while the fans kept eagerly waiting for the play to resume. All the family members of the players who were watching their game too went back in the dressing room.
*(I know that nobody other than the players and the staff can enter the dressing room, but we'll just assume that they can)*

"You played so well today" Aarushi said as Shubman stood in front of her
"Thank you" he replied with probably the softest and sweetest voice to ever exist in mankind
"And that six... was just wow!" she continued
"Ah that is actually very easy shot for me" he said nonchalantly
"Really, that looked pretty hard to pull off"
"Its actually a shot I play often, even though its hard I've mastered it" Shubman said as their talks kept going on

"Dekh rahe ho Mahi bhai"
"Haan cheeku, easy shot keh raha hai"
"Yahi shot khelne ke liye isne kitna pareshan kiya tha hame"
( "You're seeing what he's doing right Mahi bhai"
"Yeah Virat, look at him saying it was an easy shot"
"Exactly, like he didn't trouble all of us to teach him how to play that shot")

"Dekha, kaha tha na maine, hame aj batting milegi hi nahi" Surya said
" Haan na, faltu main itna tayar hoke baitha tha" Ishan replied

Soon all the conversations ended as their 30 minutes break was now over.
"All the best" Aarushi said
"Thank you" Shubman responded as he move towards the exit with the rest of his team.

The match started as the Australians began their inning with continuous boundary. The almost seemed unbeatable but Bumrah put an end to their partnership gaining the first wicket for the team. Soon the Indian bowlers started dominating the Australians while the fielder made sure to defend every possible run. The match ended sooner than they had expected as Australian team were all out for 280. All the player proceeded to greet each other, while the captains of the teams were asked to give a short speech about the match. Soon after, the man of the match was announced which undoubtedly was Shubam for his outstanding innings. With the end of the ceremony all the players proceeded back to their dressing room

"Guys let's celebrate our victory in today's match" Rohit said as everybody was entering the dressing room
"Yeah we should" everybody seconded his opinion
"Aarushi you should join us too" Rahul said
"Actually I'm supposed to meet my brother tonight, we don't really get to see each other that often due to our schedules so I can't really say no to him"
"Ah it's fine, we all can go together some other time" Rahul said quickly to avoid her feeling guilty.
"Ofcourse we will" she replied "then I'll leave for now and once again Congratulations guys for the win"

"Aarushi let's go" it was Siddharth's voice, guess he was done with his work by now
"Siddharth you're not joining us" Surya questioned
"I'll join y'all, I'll drop Rushi at the hotel and come back"
"Aree don't worry I'll go on my own, you should go with them" Aarushi said
"You sure?" Siddharth questioned her
"Ofcourse" Aarushi replied as she picked her bag and walked towards the exit. Biding an adieu to everyone she left the room.
"Alright then guys let's go now" Rohit said as all of them started moving.
They decided to celebrate at a nearby restaurant which Ishan had recommended. All of them took a seat as they started scanning through the menu. Virat who was sitting besides Rohit looked at him only to find him lost in deep thoughts.

"Rohit kya soch raha hai" Virat asked
"Kuch nahi yaar bas aise hi" Rohit said
"Are batana koi tension hai kya" Virat enquired again
"No yaar I was just thinking about Shubman" Rohit finally said
"So even you are thinking about him" Virat said
"What do you mean by that. Who else is thinking about it" Rohit asked curiously
"When we were in the bus, Mahi bhai and me were talking about him. Honestly I'm worried about Shubman. Like I know he likes that girl but what do we even know about her. We don't know anything about her family or the background she comes from. What if she already has someone she likes, Shubman will be the who will be heartbroken. Also Shubman right now is at the turning point of his career, one wrong step and it will cause lots of problems for him"
"How about we talk to Siddharth about this, I mean we can atleast get basic information about her" Rohit suggested
"That seems like the only option. Let's go talk to him" Virat said as both of them got up from their seats and started walking towards Siddharth who was standing in the corner talking with Mahi.

To be continued..........

Firstly I'm really sorry for not updating for a long time, but don't worry from now on I'll be updating the book regularly. Also thank you to all the readers who waited for the update as well as kept checking on me, I'm really grateful to all you guys. So from hence forth I promise to give y'all fast update. Also if y'all have any suggestions for the book please share with me I''l try my best to include them in the further chapters.

Hope y'all like this chapter. Don't forget to vote and drop a comment. See you at the next chapter.