Smiles with Bombs

📍Vienna

T'Challa stood at the edge of a balcony as he looked down to see cars pull into the parking lot and news reporters fill the streets.

He turned his head backwards as he heard the name Romanoff.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." He said as Natasha turned to face him.

"Well, it's not always so flattering." She said walking slighting closer to him.

"You seem to be doing alright so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill...." He trailed off with a slight smile.

"I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company." He finished.

"Well, I'm not." She smiled back.

"That alone makes me glad you are here, Ms. Romanoff."

"Why? You don't approve of all of this?"

"The Accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred."

"Unless you need to move a piano." T'Challa's father, King T'Chaka said.

He turned to Natasha.

"Ms. Romanoff,"

"King T'Chaka, please allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." She said looking him in the eyes, showing that she cared.

"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." He said.

"Yes, so am I." Natasha said, thinking back to Steve.

A voice played over the speakers, asking everyone to go to their seats.

"That is the future calling." T'Challa said looking at Natasha then his father.

He shook Natasha's hand.

"Such a pleasure."

She nodded at the two of them before leaving to find her seat.

"For a man who disapproves if diplomacy, you're getting quite good at it."

"I'm happy, Father." T'Challa said back to his father.

"Thank you." He said to his son before T'Challa took his hand and kissed his knuckles.

"Of course."

------—------—-------—-------—------—------—-

"When stolen Wakandan vibranium was used to make a terrible weapon, we in Wakanda were forced to question our legacy. Those men and women killed in Nigeria were part of a goodwill mission from a country too long in the shadows. We will not however let misfortune drive us back, we will fight to improve the world we wish to join. I am grateful to the Avengers for supporting this initiative." King T'Chaka's words rang out through the room of world leaders.

T'Challa slowly walked towards a window that looked down on the street. He saw a news van being searched through by officers. Dogs started to bark and people started to back away from the van.

"Wakanda is proud to extend his hand in peace." T'Chaka finished.

"Everybody get down!" T'Challa screamed as he ran to cover his father.

Black smoke filled the room as T'Challa crept towards his father's limp body.

A bomb had gone off, and T'Chaka was the closest to it.

T'Challa had cradled his father in his arms after check for a pulse and finding none. His cries soon turned to raging anger burning through his body.

T'Challa sat outside on a bench with his father's blood on his hands, he stared out at the street and buildings around him. He soon noticed Nat walking up to him, her hands crossed in a professional manner.

She sat on a bench across from him, trying to figure up what to say.

"I'm very sorry." Was all she could get out.

T'Challa fingered his father's ring, feeling the groves and indents.

"In my culture, death is not the end. It's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands in vast segments, they lead you into the green belt where you can run forever."

"It sounds very peaceful." Nat slightly smiled at T'Challa, trying to make him feel better.

"My father thought so," he began.

"I am not my father."

"T'Challa, task force will decide who brings in Barnes." She said, trying to get him to calm down.

"Don't bother Miss Romanoff, I'll kill him myself."

------–

"My mom tried to talk me out of enlisting, but Aunt Peggy, she bought me my first thigh holster." Sharon says as she walks next to Steve in a hotel.

"Very practical." Steve said with a side smile on his face.

"And stylish." Sharon concluded.

The two found themselves at an elevator in a slightly awkward silence.

"So, the CIA has you stationed over here now?" Steve asked.

"Uh, Berlin." Sharon corrected.

"Joint Terrorism Task Force."

"Right. Sounds fun." Steve said trying to make light of the situation.

"I know, right?" Sharon agreed.

"I've been meaning to ask you, when you were spying on me from across the hall-" Steve started.

"You mean when I was doing my job?" Sharon cut in.

Steve nodded.

"Did Peggy know?"

"She kept so many secrets, I didn't want her to have one from you." She said.

The elevator dinged behind them, interrupting their conversation.

"Thanks for walking me back." Sharon said with a slight smile.

"Sure." He said back, also smally smiling.

"Steve." Sam said looking at him.

"There's something you're gonna wanna see."

------–

The three of them stood in a room with a TV turned on, showing the bombing that happened in Vienna.

"A bomb hidden in a news van had gone off by a building in Vienna, more than 70 people have been injured at least 12 are dead. Including, Wakanda's King T'Chaka. Officials have realized a video of the suspect who they have identified as James Buchanan Barnes, The Winter Soldier, the infamous H.Y.D.R.A. agent linked to numerous acts of terrorism and political assassinations." The news anchor reported.

"I have to go to work." Sharon said looking at the TV before walking away.