Liars And Culprits Are The Same

Zemo sat on his bed in a hotel room reading Russian out of a red book with a black star.

The news played on the TV, the news that The Winter Soldier was responsible for the bombing.

A knock at his door made him abruptly stop and look up. He stuck the book into a drawer and grabbed his gun and put it behind his back.

He slowly walked to the door beside a woman speaking French started talking. He stuck his gun in his waistband and opened the door.

He spoke French back to her as she insisted she being in his breakfast, in which he said he would do it himself. She persisted and and tried to get through the door, in which he closed the door slightly, took his food, and thanked her.

Behind a closet on the other side of his room sat a device of some kind. It has wires warped around it, making it look like a jumbo bomb, but Zemo didn't mind the scenery.

------–

Bucky stood at a fruit stand in Bucharest, his hands thumbing through an assortment of plums. He picked up a handful and smiling slightly at the women who bagged his plums. He looked over his shoulder cautiously before walking away.

He stood on the edge of a road waiting for the cars to pass before looking up to see somebody reading a newspaper in a booth and watching him carefully.

He walked over to the booth while the clerk ran away, then he glanced at the newspaper. It had his face as the form page. His face hardened as he looked around with only on thing on his mind. The one person that occupied his mind. The one person he had left at the apartment. Rhaenyra.

------–

Steve walked into the apartment to see a few cupboards, a fridge, a couch that had been wore down to the bare minimum, and a bare mattress that had a sleeping bag and a pillow on top of it.

He took a step towards the fridge and picked up a notebook that had two granola bars on it. He flipped through the pages carefully.

"Heads up Cap, German Special Forces approaching from the south." Sam said through his earpiece.

"Understood." Steve said back.

He turned around to see Bucky staring at him, and a girl he had never seen before pointing a gun at him.

"Do you know me?" Steve asked mostly Bucky as Rhaenyra's eyes narrowed at him.

"You're Steve, I read about you in the museum." Bucky began.

"They've set the perimeter." Sam said to Steve.

Steve looked at the book in his hands and set it on the counter.

"I know you're nervous," Steve began, "you have plenty of reason to be." He said, walking closer to them as Rhaenyra's finger inches closer to the trigger.

"But you're lying."

"We weren't in Vienna, we don't do that anymore." Rhaenyra said, directing the attention to her.

"They're entering the building."

"Well the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve said looking at the two.

"That's smart," Rhaenyra began, "good strategy."

"They're on the roof, I'm compromised."

"This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck." Steve said as Rhaenyra lowered her gun and looked at Bucky. He looked at her and gave a slight nod, giving her the que.

Bucky took his gloves off, exposing his flesh and his metal fingers. "It always ends in a fight."

"Five seconds."

Steve looked to his right, then back at Bucky.

"You pulled me from the river, why?" Steve said, authority apparent in. his tone.

"I don't know." Bucky said.

"Three seconds!"

"Yes, you do."

"Breach, breach, breach!"

A flash gang came in through the window, but Steve knocked it away with his shield as another came through the window, it landed at Bucky's feet. He kicked it towards Steve and he put his shield over it.

Another bomb came through the window, but Bucky had lifted up the mattress, covering him and Rhaenyra.

The back door was getting pounded in so Rhaenyra threw a table at it, making the door impossible to get through. Soldier came in through the windows, but Bucky had fought the one off and Steve pulled the rug out from another.

Bucky came back at Steve and kicked another soldier out of the way.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Steve said.

Bucky kicked him down and punched by his head.

"I'm not gonna kill anyone."

He grabbed two backpacks out of the floorboards and threw them onto the neighboring building.

Two more guards came in, Bucky shielded himself by his arm and Steve shielded both of them.

Bucky got out of Steve's hold and shoved him out the window into another soldier.

Bucky smashed the head of another soldier into a table, grabbed a cinder block and threw it into a neighboring soldier.

Another team of soldier stood outside and fired into the locked door and went to open it, but, Bucky had beat them to it. He punched right through the door into the soldiers face and rammed through the rest of them with the door.

He kicked and punched away a few more before Rhaenyra ran out after him and started to fight with him.

Steve soon ran out after her, he saw a soldier talking into a walkie-talkie and smashed it like it was a hard leaf.

He jumped over to Bucky and Rhaenyra, soon fighting with them. Rhaenyra punched and threw a soldier over her arm and just as he was about to go over the edge, Steve caught him. He panted but looked up at Rhaenyra.

"C'mon man." Rhaenyra elbowed a soldier behind her in the face no look of remorse in her features.

Bucky took off the railing and went down another level of the complex, Rhaenyra soon joined him.

The two took out a few more men before Steve caught up to them. Bucky and Rhaenyra jumped down at the same time, both plumbing downward until Bucky and Rhaenyra grabbed onto the same railing. Pulling themselves up, Bucky punched in door  and walked down the hall with Rhaenyra walking beside him.

They looked at each other and jumped at the same time, landing on the edge of the building next door. They rolled for a while before catching their footing and going into a full sprint. The both of them throwing caution into the wind.