That Wasn't Me

Bucky and Steve sat towards the front of the Quinjet while Rhaenyra sat towards the back, alone.

Steve looked straight ahead trying to keep his mind on the fight ahead.

"What's gonna happen to your friends?" Bucky asked with his head low.

Steve sighed before shaking his head, "Whatever it is...I'll deal with it."

Bucky looked back up, not meeting Steve's gaze. "I don't know if we're worth all of this, Steve."

Steve looked back, but Bucky kept his eyes somewhere else.

"What you did all those years, it wasn't you. You didn't have a choice."

"I know," Bucky started.

"But we did it." Rhaenyra's shadow came out from the dark back. She took a seat next to Bucky.

Steve looked back ahead, not knowing what else to do.
---

Tony flew over the ocean to the prison where other Avengers from Steve's team were being held.

He was still trying to process the information that Friday had just given him, about Bucky being innocent and Zemo being the guilty one.

---

Zemo typed in the number to the dome in Siberia, the doors opened and he crept inside, his flashlight guiding him.

He walked into a big room after grabbing a manilla box, full of files. The room had chambers that had the other five super soldiers frozen inside.

---

"So? You got the files?" Tony barked at Ross as he hopped out of his helicopter. He had just landed in the Raft Prison, where his old friends were.

"Let's reroute the satellites, start facial recognition for this Zemo guy."

"You seriously think I'm going to listen to you after that fiasco in Leipzig?" Ross asked him with anger in his voice. "You're lucky you're not in one of these cells."

---

Tony walked into the cell block where all the Avengers were and looked around, ignoring that anyone was there.

"A futurist, gentleman!" Clint yelled as he clapped at Tony. "The futurist is here! He sees all! He knows what's best for you, whether you like it or not." Clients voice died down to a normal volume the closer Tony got to his cell.

"Give me a break, Barton. I had no idea they'd put you here. C'mon." Tony said trying to reason.

Clint spit at the ground and looked at Tony angrily. "Yeah, well, you knew they'd put us somewhere, Tony."

"Yeah, but not some super-max floating ocean pokey. This place is for maniacs. This is a place for..."

"Criminals?" Clint said getting up and walking closer to Tony. "Criminals, Tony. I think that's the word you're looking for. Right? That didn't used to mean me. Or Sam, or Wanda. Certainly not Rhaenyra. But here we are, and she's out there. Happy she got out though, she doesn't have to see Wanda."

"Because you broke the law."

"Yeah,

"I didn't make you,"

"La, la, la, la, la"

"You read it, you broke it. You're all grown up, you got a wife and kids. I don't understand, why didn't you think about them before you chose the wrong side?" Tony said before walking away, seeing Clint get angry.

"You better watch your back with this guy, there's a chance he's gonna break it." Clint said as he banged on his cell doors and watched Tony walk away.

Tony walked by Scotts cell after a brief sentence and came to a stop outside of Sam's.

He wasn't facing Tony, but he knew he was there.

"How's Rhodes?"

"Well, they're flying him to Columbia Medical tomorrow so...fingers crossed."

Sam shook his head and turned to face Tony.

"What do you need? They feed you yet?" He asked as Sam smirked at him.

"You're the good cop now? I'm just the guy who needs to know where Steve went."

Sam walked closer to Tony and let his arms unfold.

"Well, you better go get a bad cop...cause you're gonna have to go Mark Fuhrman on my ass to get information out of me." Sam threatened.

Tony sighed and tapped on his watch before looking back up at Sam.

"Well, I just knocked the A out of their AV. We got about 30 seconds before they realize it's not their equipment. Just look...cause that," Tony pulled up a picture of the man that Zemo killed, "is the fellow that was supposed to interrogate Barnes and Maximoff. Clearly, I made a mistake, Sam. I was wrong."

"That's a first," Sam said smartly.

"Cap is definitely off the reservation...but he's about to need all the help he can get. We don't know each other very well. You don't have to..." Tony trailed off.

"Hey, it's all right. Look, I'll tell you, but you have to go alone, and as a friend." Sam said seriously.

"Easy."

---

"Stark? Did he give you anything on Rogers?" Ross asked as Tony walked back to his helicopter.

"Nope, he told me to go to hell. I'm going to the compound instead, but you can call me anytime. I'll put you on hold, I like to watch the line blink." Tony finished as he sat down in his seat and nodded to Ross, a plan forming in his mind.