A Father's Protection

Winston

I frowned as Eve and I were anxiously waiting for news and froze as I saw the mix of concern, happiness, and determination in Humphrey's eye and said what is it? He sighed and  sat down and said I need your help. I froze and said what is it I as Kate OK? He shifted and said she's fine for now  but she's pregnant and the healers say she's not going to have  an easy on. I sighed and said oh. He shifted and said but there's more. I froze as I looked at him and said what else was there? He shifted and said the healers told me that for reasons they don't understand she's still producing pheromones to attract males but if she where to be mated now it would  kill her. I growled and said what!!! Humphrey shifted and said the healers have ordered her confind to den and I'm going to  appoint females to guard her when I have to go to tend to the duties of the Alphahood and to find her food. I turned to look to my mate who was  standing with her head hung low and said Eve what do you make of this? She sighed and said  I have a confession I need to make Winston. Kate's current situation is punishment for indiscretion on my part. I growled and said what do you mean? She hung her head and shifted and said about three months ago I was in heat and went on a tour of the territory and was approached by a lone beta wolf from the Northern pack and willing mated giving myself to him and his son. That night  The moon goddess spoke to me in a dream and said that my eldest would bear the curse and that she would be forced to mate just one wolf for her entire life regardless of how it turns out if Humphrey dies is killed leaves or simply is unable to she will die if another has sex with her. I growled and said how could you betray me! She hung her head and said my betrayal goes deeper than you know.  I growled as she turned to reveal a fresh mark and clear pregnancy signs. I froze as I felt my heart shatter and said get out of my sight I need you to go.