3. Swap Shirts

Kyungsoo

Even though I really hate to do this, I don't have any choice unless I want to stay in high school forever. Aishh I hope it will not happen.

Today is the big day. The day of our talent showcase. For the past week I can see that my fellow batchmates are busy preparing for this momentous (really?) event. Same as me, I prepared just a single song. I practiced so hard every night for my presentation to be perfect. Honestly, I don't know how I can make it perfect since I was just keep on singing and singing and singing to not miss any part of the song.

It was 12 noon when I got to school, it is too early because the show will start in 4 in the afternoon. Yahh! I hate it but we have a final run-through of the show, we will just have some reminders about the event later and it is for the teachers to assure that all of the seniors are in the venue already.

The rehearsals ended at 3, we were asked to have some rest and change our clothes for the show.

I went to the cafeteria first to buy a drink. Then, I head to the comfort room to change.

As I was changing I keep on worrying that I might fail during the performance. I can't shrug off the thought. I think I might cry hear inside the cubicle but decided not to. I have to compose myself for the performance later.

I went out the comfort room then heade to the backstage. I was in the hallway when I noticed that there are so many people heading to the auditorium. It is because the event is open for all, so the parents and friends of the performers are here. Same as with the students in the lower year.

I came back to my senses when someone called my name.

"Kyungsoo dear!" Figures of two people approaching me is what I see at first. Until I see my parents in front of me. It left me speechless, now I can feel my heart racing in incredible speed. My parents will be watching me, it adds up to the pressure. I don't want to disappoint them.

"Dear, I know you are nervous but you don't have to. Remember that we will be here for you. Just stay focused and just enjoy the performance. It is a rare experience. Give your best," my mother reassuring me that it will be alright.

I just nod and we went to the auditorium. We part ways since they have to sit with the audience and I have to go backstage.

After a while, the show started and my heart keeps on beating so fast. I am scheduled to perform in the almost end part of the show. So I have more time to compose myself.

I just keep on walking around in the waiting area. I am so nervous not thinking about the people also waiting there.

Then suddenly I felt a hot liquid in my torso. I tried to wipe the coffee in my striped red polo shirt that was a gift of my mother just for this performance. Now, I am more frustrated than ever.

"God! Can't you be extra careful next time. Why shall I do now?" I shouted to the person  who did that (just a little louder than my normal voice - but hey it's shouting for me0. I almost punch his face seeing his smirk. It felt like he is happy that the accident happened. He's a tall, skinny man with expressive eyes and the smirk on his face turned into an evil grin. God! How I wish I can murder him right now. Arghhh!

"Don't you know in a few minutes I'll be perfoming there on stage? You ruined my shirt! What shall I do now?" I scowled at him with tears in the corner in my eyes.

He remained staring at me, seems like he doesn't care at all. Tears started to fall on my cheeks and then I went to the corner trying to fix my plaid shirt.

Tears kept on falling like a stream then suddenly the guy stood in front of me. I look up at him and said "What now? Are you going to say sorry or not?" It sound more disappointed then mad.

I was taken aback when he started to pull of his sweatshirt. After doing that, I look at the other side of the room to avoid awkwardness.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it," he said with a deep voice. I was flustered when he reach out his shirt to me. I didn't accept it at first.

"Okay, use this at least instead of that wet shirt of yours," him trying to convince me.

I heave out a sigh. I hesitantly grab the shirt, it is awkward since he is half naked in front of me. He gave out a sly smile.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the comfort room to change," I said while trying to get past him. He then garbbed my arm and said "There's no time, you can change here. It is just you and me here in this side."

I gave up since I just have a few minutes before I was called on stage. I sheepishly started unbutonning my shirt until I realized that someone's watching me.

"Yahh! Why are watching me?" I exclaimed then turned around so he is facing my back. I just see his smirk again as response. What's wrong with him huh?

I took off my shirt then put on his sweatshirt which is a bit huge for me. I did it as fast as I can because people might think we are doing something here especially when they see two half naked in the corner of the room.

I turned around and reach out my soaked shirt to him and said "Put this on." He just accepted it with a convinced look.

I left him there when I was called on stage. I told him that I will return his shirt right after the performance. He just nod and said "Good luck!"

I can't smile as if I'm not going to face my great fear right now. Thanks to him, he lessened my uneasiness. Thanks to him I forgot that I am nervous. Thanks to him I got to wear his shirt!

WAIT WHAAAT?