Unwanted intruder

5 weeks after Zella's arrival life got harder in the bunker. The nearby stores were empty. We used the big store for a year but know the last floor was destroyed by monsters. Now we have nothing left; all the other stores are too far away and dangerous to go to. And if we were to go to another store the food would probably be bad or has already decomposed. We decided to live on the cow's milk, rainwater, chicken eggs and some off the food we grew like small bell peppers. We continued doing this for 3 weeks, but the chickens ran out of food and if they were gone half of our food supplies would be gone. It was too risky. So, when the spike was gone, we would put out a bucket of rain and we would take some grass from field next to the forest, for the chickens and cows.

Another week passed. And Dad, Steve, Zella, Ava and William went. Zella leg healed and she knew this place well because she was out on the surface for more than a month. Ava desperately wanted to go with William, so they agreed. Once again, they left i just hope the past does not repeat itself...

We heard the group open some metal doors which means they were okay. But something was off I could hear quite screams echo and a deeps growl come after. I was confused mom took out the weapons and so did I we all watched the metal door Infront of us waiting to open. Then suddenly we heard running footsteps and screams. And loud roars. We heard all the metal doors open faster and faster. Until our final door opened, the door to the bunker. 

They all ran in so fast with blood and scars Dad's arm broke too. I was worried normally they looked fine. But once again; they came back with 39 bags of supplies. I came to hug Dad, but he pushed me away and I landed on the floor. What was going on! Dad and the others close the door. I was angry and confused. As I was still on the floor. I could see a large figure through the door as they were closing it. A monster. And that was the first monster I have ever seen. My Dad slammed the door closed. And has he did i could hear roars. 

"What was THAT?" I said softly.

My dad put his finger on his mouth signaling to be quiet. So, there we stood; holding guns quietly waiting for it to leave. After 30 min I could finally hug my dad. He said it was the SPIKE; and told everyone the new things and stores. We got the supplies and welcomed everyone back home. That night was weird. The parents and Adults seemed stressed. I held on to the Luka and grandma hoping everything would be okay, but something was wrong. Then my dad announced something at dinner.

"Someone forgot to close the doors the metal doors and know monsters can easily walk wherever they want to in the sewers/tunnels. There could be 40 monsters maybe 3 but someone has to go close the opening door to the tunnels." My dad said.

Without even thinking. I shouted, "YES I WILL GO!!!!!!!" Finally, I thought to myself. My lifelong dream coming true.

"No sweetie you can't you're too young!" Dad complained.

"WHAT DADDDDDD PLEASE YOU DON'T UNDERSTANDHOW MUCH THIS WOULD MEAN TO ME!!!"

"No.." dad said with a temper.

"But DAD-" I said.

"NO" He shouted.

So, there I sat at the dinner table frustrated. My lifelong dream crushed or so I though. I never even new my dad could get so mad.

" We will start first thing next morning." Dad said.

"Hey Sir, could I go." Luca said.

"Sure..." Dad said.

"Would it be okay if I brought your daughter along, I could protect her and I swear to god we will listen to you, and she is fast and strong and knows how to handle a weapon and so do I. Sir can you trust me with your daughter's life. I know that probably sound weird when i say it that way but please don't kill her spirit!" Luca stuttered.

"Well, it's not like she will become depressed... but okay I get your point... Fine!" Dad said. 

"Thank you thank you thank you thank you!" I shouted. 

BOOM!!!!!!!!!

...

Footsteps! Dad new the drill he slowly got children to go hide. We all hurried away. Auntie was hiding under the dinner table. 

"What is it!" She said crying. Grandma was holding her hand, and I could see mom run away with baby June and April crying while August was following. Everyone took a gun for safety. I think we all knew we were not safe. Dad was not sure what to say or think I stood next to him; holding one of his hands but still ready to attack. We just all hoped for the best until...

"CARTERRRRRRRRRRRR!" Ms.K shouted!

We saw Carter trying to steal Lukas gun to try to look cool. Then in the blink of an eye. We could hear running echoing. BY THE SOUND OF IT THERE WHERE MORE THAN ONE! Dad grabbed my and Luca's hand pulling us in the small classroom and pilling books and tables on us in hope we would not be visible; he gave me a gun and hid with Carter and Ms. K in the boy's room. Grandma and auntie hid in one of the drawers instead. Steve and Dixi where in the girl's room with Mom and my siblings. And Zella ran away in the small farm locking the door. We can't fight we can only hide.

This was the end of the bunker.... I could hear loud banging and gun shots as I sat there in the dark praying quietly, sobbing and putting my hand Infront of my mouth trying not scream. Luca was hugging me and trying to calm me down, but it did not work. I just sat there until I passed out...