Return and Loss

(WARNING: This chapter is very short only: 499 words)

We were still waiting for them to come back and day by day my thought that they were dead grew stronger. Auntie was already starting to chew on her pillow we were all starving, and I don't think anybody would survive another 2 days. We had to drink toilet water and tears.  Even Ava was thinking about going after them or going out. April kept quit and was not doing too well same for June and August. We were thinking about killing the cow, but we needed the milk that it refused to give. And the chickens were only making more babies. Which was good but bad at the same time.

 Later on, we heard rustling and banging. Everyone gathered around the tunnel leading to the outside world. Because we basically lived in or near some sewage system. Then all of sudden Mom and Dad's voice echoed in the tunnel. I opened the heavy metal door and ran. That was the happiest moment of my life. I remember seeing then sweating and panicking and some were smiling, and some were crying. My heart felt as light as a feather. A whole relief spread over my body. And I hugged my parents as hard as I could. I saw many scared my dad needed stiches for 3 wounds and he has lost a lot of blood and so did the rest.

Everyone gathered around. I remember seeing Steve and Dixi running to their room and Ava and William kissing I was so happy to see everyone's happy smiling faces. They did it they actually did it, but not quite everyone ...  there was one person missing. JACK WAS MISSING! I asked Mom and Dad where Jack was. The room went quiet. And I already knew the answer. Then and There I froze like I could feel his pain it's like I saw it happen. It never happened before, and I have never had that feeling of loneliness or guilt ever before. Poor Jack he was one of my favorite childhood friends. My mom started to cry, and William looked like he was holding back tears. Luca and Ms. K were in shock. Ava was also crying, and Carter was trying not to explode in tears. 

I feel heavy and uncomplete. That was the worst moment of my life EVER. They had got me a small cake for my birthday, but I did not care. All I can think of was poor Jack who sacrificed himself. After all a birthday is not a birthday without Jack. My dad said his last words were "save yourself I will join my loved ones up there; tell them I will miss them an-" then he passed. We broke down the infinity group for good, because without him it was not the same. He got eaten alive... My birthday was the worst without him no one smiled it was all crying. Luca and I tried help everyone feels better after the loss. It was just not the same.  Well, that's one bad 14th birthday