The new girl

It was a typical morning; Luca and I were talking about the future and the new book or story idea I had. Auntie was complaining about something weird; William was singing a song with Ava and Mom and Dad were joking around. For the rest of the people, they were in some other room. We were in the kitchen/living space with the desk. We were all having an amazing time with the new supplies. After the last trip for supplies, we were more carefully and had many new things. My dad found an old notebook for my birthday and ever since I have been writing my story ideas. I also have 3 other notebooks. For some of my other birthdays. 

But out of nowhere we heard screaming and roaring from the surface, above our bunker. I got scared about what in god's name was happening up there. Then we heard the metal door to the surface open and footsteps echoing in the tunnels. Luca held my hand and my dad screamed for the children to go lock themselves in the safest room there is. The bathroom we actually had a secret door behind a shelf it was a small space and really dark. But no one listened to my Dad. My heart was pounding. Everyone was holding a weapon. I heard footsteps were getting closer, and I saw my dad and his face looked scared, as he was holding his gun shaking. I remember him looking at me in a panic. So much for a typical morning.

We had about 6 metal doors until the thing could reach our bunker. We heard it get so close then the second last metal door opened. Only people could open the door because there were locks. And the doors were 1 meter thick. Then it came it came to my mind. Was Jack there. Suddenly a smile grew on my face. And a tear of joy came out. I was so sure it was him. I started crying. 

"Jack!!!" I screamed.

"We are here!!!" I screamed.

Everyone was looking at me confused as my face was wet. I asked Luca what I did wrong because everyone was looking mad at me.

"May, Jack h-he is gone. You have to let go. " Luca said.

"I-I just thought..." I replied.

"It's okay-" 

Luca was interrupted by a loud banging sound. My heart was pounding in hope and fright. I just wished at that moment that it would be Jack I kept thinking and making myself believe he was still alive but deep in I knew I would never see him again. The thing that hurts the most is I'm starting to forget how his voice sounded. 

Then everyone gasped. And I looked up to see a woman. WHAT THE F-. Everyone took a deep breath in relief. The girl was panting, sweating and crying.

"Who are you and what are u doing?!?!?" My dad asked.

"I-I NEED HELP!" The woman said sobbing. 

We all did not know what to do. Then my mom brought her to the girl's room and locked the door with Grandma and Ava there to help. I heard them talk for hours then dad came in. Everything was so strange. Who was she. Why is she here. After some time, my dad came out of the room, and he got everyone together to announce some things. And so, he started talking...

"This is Zella she is 34. She said her bunker got attached and only she made it passed the spike. She had 4 men 3 woman and sadly 6 kids with her to go find another bunker. She's half Australian and half American. Zella used to live in the Netherlands and is now here with us in Belgium, so she has had a long trip. She will be staying here with us for 2 years and then she will go back to find her lover who is also in another bunker."

After dad was done, we all went to see her

After dad was done, we all went to see her. It looked like she had a broken leg and a broken arm. Mom helped her and gave her some pills before dinner. That night we sat in silence as we watched her eat like she has not eaten in decades. I mean, I don't blame her. Then she talked.

"Sorry, I am hungry..." Zella said as she saw us all staring.

"So, who are you all." She asked us all. 

"Oh, well um hi I am May, and I am 14. I love animals and writing and reading. It is, nice to meet you." I spoke.

"You too May." Zella said with a smile.

"Yo yo, I am Steve, or you can call me Stevie. Or maybe even Stev if you get to know me better." (winked) Steve said with a grin.

"Stev!!!" Dixi said angrily.

"Oh, well sorry. Hi, I am the one and only fashion queen here and my name is Dixi. Me and Stev/Steve are together!" Dixi grinned.

"Same for me and May, we're a couple. Oh, and uh, I am Luca my mom is Ms. K, and my brother is Carter.

"Hello dear, pleasure to have you here." Ms.K said.

"What's up I am Carter." Carter sighed.

And so, on everyone told Zella about who they are things they love to do and who are couple's and who are families. My dad also explained every rule and task everyone one has. Dad gave Zella 5 weeks off so she could heal then she had to start helping around the house. They gave Jack's pillow to Zella. It was weird. Was this Jack's replacement I keep asking myself. After a while I got used to it, she loved to talk about her children. She also had a hard time letting go. At the end we became good friends.

Zella loved baby June and they got close all thought April was not a big fan. I still don't know why.