Wasted

"Shot! shot! shot!" Wendy and the group of guys cheered as Roxy took another shot of Tequila.

She almost spitted out the Tequila, but she manage to hold it by placing her hand on her mouth. She took her time while holding her breath to composed herself, then she swallowed.

The crowd did another cheer for Roxy as she raised the glass triumphantly.

"Nakailan na ba ko? 1, 2, 3,-----" She thought to herself as she counts the glasses on the table. Her sight is  becoming blurred, she can no longer feel her face and she is having a hard time standing on her feet.

She suddenly felt a hand on her waist.

"You good?" Lance whispered. She felt the hotness of his breath on her cheek and also smelled a hint of cigarettes, garlic and alcohol, she felt sick as she pushed him away.

"Okay lang, okay lang." She answered drunkenly.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Archie sitting on the bar area. His eyes are fixed at her, furrowed eyebrow and tight lips. He looks so pissed, which confuses her. "Bakit ba siya nagagalit, is he really looking out for her?"

She pinched her eyes as she tried to look at him clearly, he really does look nice. She wonders why is he alone, where are his friends? Then a thought suddenly came to her mind:

"I wonder if hinalikan ko siya, ano kayang lasa ni Archie Aguero?"

The thoughts suddenly shocks her, "Drunken thoughts, drunken thoughts. Epekto ng alak lang to." She murmured as she slightly slaps her cheeks.

"Okay ka lang?" Lance asked again as he tried to put his hands again on her waist.

"Oo nga--- okay lang ako. Bat ka ba hawak ng hawak?" Roxy said as she pushed him away.

Roxy rolled her eyes at him, she can no longer hide her irritation. The effect of the alcohol is already getting at her, no one is more irritating than a guy who can't hint rejection. She looked again at Archie's direction and she saw Simone with him.

"Concern concern pa kunwari, may kasama naman." Roxy frowned as she took another glass of whiskey.

"Shot puno!!!" She exclaimed and drink the whiskey straight.

The crowed cheered again for Roxy.

  ----------------------------------

Archie is sitting at the bar area, his eyes are fixed at her while he carefully watches her every move. He cannot contain his dismay as she took another glass of Tequila, he noticed that she can't no longer stand on her feet.

"What the hell is her problem? obviously di na niya kaya." He thought to himself.

He felt his jaw clenched as the guy in the varsity jacket tried to made another move at her, it bothers him how this guy get so close to Roxy. He noticed that she pushed him away which put him in slight ease, he also saw Roxy staring right at him.

"Should just I fetch her?" Suddenly, Simone sits beside him.

"Hey Archie, andito ka lang pala. You suddenly disappeared kasi." Simone said.

He did not bother to answer her, he just stared at Roxy's direction waiting for his cue to get her.

"Hello, Archie?" Simone said touching his shoulder.

"Uhmm, I'm sorry what?" Simone finally got his attention.

"Can I be frank with you?"

"I guess so." He answered.