Project Gateaway

AU/NOTES: Chapter 14 and 15 are inspired by callouiee 's RoxChie fanfic "Four & One." There are some scenes that are quite similar because it's inspired by her original work. She agreed to let me use her idea for this AU, so big thanks to you! ❤️

Gino passed a bottle of beer to Archie, settling in beside him as they enjoyed a casual hangout in Gino's unit. The absence of Z added a refreshing touch to the evening. Besides, they badly need a boys' night out once in a while.

"I tried to invite Poch, but he told me he's busy," Gino said. "He is working in a call center, kaya night shift siya."

"Really? Good for him, who would have thought," Archie chuckled.

Archie felt proud of Poch, though he wouldn't admit it directly to Gino. Poch deciding to earn money without asking for help from anyone is impressive. There's a hint of envy, knowing that Gino, Z, and he might never have that kind of courage.

"Golden spoon in the mouth, privileges, brats - how pathetic."

"I heard that your mom will be released on bail. Are you planning to return home, Gino?" Archie asked.

"Nah, not now." he answered.

Archie withdrew himself from asking more questions to Gino. His situation is pretty messed up-both of Gino's parents are criminals. Meanwhile, his parents are both cheaters, and his dad has been MIA for quite some time now.

He also couldn't shake off the thought that his dad might be dead somewhere, and that his Lolo might hire some of his men to blow his brains off.

"Privileged Kids - fuck it."

"Dude let's jam this weekened." Gino said.

"Sorry Dude, not this Saturday. I need to finish this stupid project sa English Lit para pumasa."

"Oh, that sucks. So what's the condition, anong project?"

"Remember the Collab Project before? I need to finish that with Roxy." Archie explained.

Gino's eyes widened with laughter. He extended his hand to Archie for a high-five, but Archie simply stared at him, clearly annoyed.

"What's that for?" Archie asked.

"Nothing, medyo kinikilig lang." Gino said teasingly as he drop his hand.

"Gago." Archie replied.

"Well, what's your plan? I mean your plan for the project?"