chapter 5: year 4

1st september was always the busiest time of the year for kings cross station but this year, 1994, the station seemed even busier than normal. It was so much more crowded as well. It seemed like so many more families were on the platform this year than all the other years despite there being the same amount of Hogwarts students (the new first years, replacing the old 7th years). So many people almost fell into the train because of how crowded it was. It's ridiculous. Though all the adults and students seemed to be talking about one thing. The Quidditch World cup. After the death eater attack at the quidditch world cup, everyone’s terrified that Hogwarts is going to be attacked. Kids were also complaining about why they had to bring dress robes this year. Then there was Bree. Bree was boiling in anger. All the summer they had had to listen to their papafoot obsess about two kids who aren’t his own kids. They were fed up and angry. Bree didn’t even say goodbye to their moomy before storming onto the train. After a while, the crowds finally emptied the platform as the students waved goodbye from the compartments on the Hogwarts express which started chugging along. Off to Hogwarts they go.   

Bree was soon joined by Eileen, Ron, Hermione and Sophia. Harry joined the group halfway through the ride. Great two people Bree didn’t want to see. At first the compartment was full of chatter about everything that happened in the summer and at the world quidditch match. They spoke about how Sophia spent the rest of the summer (after the quidditch match) with the Weasley family and how Sophia and Fred acted around each other. Eileen teased her for it while also saying be careful. Bree didn’t say anything until the last conversation though. Though that last conversation caused …. a disagreement of sorts between Bree and Sophia. You see, that last conversation caused Sophia to start telling Hermione and Eileen abo-  I think I'll just show you what went down. 

“While I was at the Weasleys, guess what I got? Sirius sent me a present. And It was something I actually liked as well And we have been sending so many lette-” 

“He got you a present?” 

“Yeah Bree I just sai-” 

“He got you a present for no reason at all. He just got you a present” 

“Bree, is something wrong?” 

“He got you a present and I got nothing” 

“Bree I'm sure that's not true.”

“He's been gone all my childhood and I don't even get a sorry. But you, his cousin's daughter, got a present and several letters.”

“Bree, where is this coming from?” 

“you want to know what I, his own Child, got from him? I got to hear all the screams from his night terrors of Azkaban. I got to hear all about how much he missed my Moomy. I got to hear how he needs to save you and Harry. But you…. You got presents, letters, his happiness. His attention. You got everything” 

“Bree…” 

“Ha, guess he doesn't want me. No he wants you as his daughter” 

And with that Bree dramatically stormed out. They walked through the train, heading nowhere in particular when they ended up at Fauna’s compartment. “What do you want, Black?” Bree leaned on the frame of the door “hey hot stuff, what you doing all alone? Did your boyfriend get fed up with you and break up with you? Such a shame. You have such a pretty face” Fauna was going to speak but Skylar turned up behind Bree “she's not alone. I'm here, now leave Black” . Bree rolled her eyes, “fine Snake” before walking off. They went and found their boyfriend and his twin and sat with them the rest of the way. 

After a while they all finally arrived at Hogwarts. Everything was going normally until the welcoming speech. At the welcoming speech, the students soon found out why the platform was so overcrowded. Everyone was there in hopes of seeing Vicktor Krum, famous quidditch star. You see in the welcome speech, as well as introducing Mad Eye Moody as the new defence against the dark arts professor, Dumbledore announced the triwizard tournament. The Triwizard Tournament is a famous contest between three schools: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Durmstrang Institute, and Beauxbatons Academy of Magic. It originated some 700 years ago as a friendly competition between the three schools. Each school took turns hosting the Tournament, which took place every five years. The contest was a test of intelligence, courage, and wizardry skills. The contest was cut off years ago because last time this tournament took place a student died but Dumbledore had convinced the ministry to run the tournament again and in two weeks students from Durmstrang Institute, and Beauxbatons Academy of Magic will turn up at hogwarts to sign up for the tournament and to stay the whole year at hogwarts. 

Bree was both excited and fed up with the tournament. They were excited to see the girls from Beauxbatons but they thought the tournament was stupid and they didn’t understand why anyone would want to be in this tournament that could kill you. But Bree agreed to give Eileen a septum Piercing that night in preparation for the new people.