Chapter 5 : Senpai's Advice

We got back and fortunately for me, Reiji was in the commons area.

"L/N-chaaan! Good to see you~" Smiling, he got up off the couch.

"Kotobuki-senpai! I'd like to take you up on that offer for advice." Looking at him hopefully, I returned his smile.

"Of course, L/N-chan. I was hoping you'd come! Now, come with meeee~"

After I said goodbye to my dinner companions, I followed Reiji outside.

The senpai walked me to his car, opening the door for me. I get in as my guide starts up the engines.

Looking out the window, I patiently wait for him to speak again while he drives to our destination.

"So for starters, let's get on a first-name basis, Y/N-chan. Now then, what do you think of salsa?"

"Hmmm, it's a very passionate kind of dance. There's quite a lot of subtle movements to keep in mind, too..."

Hmmm. This is certainly not the way to Raging Entertainment, that's for sure.

"Reiji-senpai, where are you taking us...?"

"Don't worry, it's only just a little bit longer ~ How do you feel about your dancing partner, Y/N-chan?" Reiji glanced over at me, curious.

"Van Kiryuin. So far so good; he's straightforward about how he feels about me, too." I replied.

With that last part, Reiji raised his eyebrows.

"Hmm. Y'know, Nanami-chan described Van similarly. She said that he asked her on a date when they first met. I imagine something similar might've happened with you~" The senpai chuckled, turning onto a quieter street.

Are we at a park...?

"Buuuuut as far as I know, he's not a bad guy~ Deep down, Van-chan is good-natured."

Ah, a waterfront...!

"One last question." Parking by a marina, we looked out to see that the sun was slowly setting over the horizon.

It was a dazzling view and took my breath away... The sun shimmered on the water, turning it into a sea of gold.

Reiji exited the car and opened the passenger door for me. I got out and stood by the railing, taking in the view and looking at all the colorful boats...

"Y/N-chan, what do you think makes a good salsa dance?"

I pondered for a moment.

"Would that be...passion? After listening to my song for the first time, Van said that the flames of passion were ablaze inside me..."

"Buu-buu." The senpai mimicked the sound of a buzzer. Reiji leaned on the railing next to me. He gestured for me to pull my eyes away from the view to look at him.

My heartbeat quickened after looking into his eyes that reflected the glowing sun on the horizon

"You're missing a big part of any kind of dance, especially between two people—the most important thing you need and probably what would help you. You need..." Reiji leaned closer to me, now feeling my gentle breath on him. He found it enticing and had to hold himself back from moving any closer.

"Chemistry. If you have chemistry with Van, then you're pretty likely to end up with good results~" He said the word chemistry in English, trying to make sure I understood.

"Chemistry..." Echoing back, I considered his words. The advice sounds about right, what a professional senpai!

"One of the best ways to do this is getting to know each other outside of the workplace." The playful idol winked at me.