Chapter 21: Respite

My phone buzzed, notifying us that Van was calling me. Unfortunately, Eiji paused what we were doing so I could answer.

"Y/N-chan, Y/N-chan~ Let's go, I also got Yama-chan to join!" Van sounded proud of himself. Cute...

"Time to go, hmm?" Eiji looked at me, seemingly a little disappointed to know that our alone time was ending.

"Seems like it, hehe. I need some dinner and some good drinks~" Humming along, I head over to the door.

"I could use that too, that pastry earlier wasn't filling so I'm hungry!" Eiji followed. Before he opened the door, he leaned in close and left a kiss on my cheek. Confidence looks good on him~

Shaking off the sedated feeling I got from cuddling Eiji, I was now ready to go!

We arrived at the izakaya together, meeting with Yamato and Van. To our delight, they had already ordered a round of beers and some food to share; marinated meat, veggies, tempura, and rice too. Yum~

Van had already finished off his beer~

"Looks like I'm in for a treat!" I sat down next to Yamato, across from Eiji and Van. Eyeing the food hungrily, I began to eat up.

"Nice to see ya again today Y/N." Yamato said to me, giving me a warm grin.

"Hiya, Y/N-chan! Yama-chan agreed to come, he doesn't usually join us here." Van beamed.

"Ah c'mooon, i-it's no big deal. I only just got old enough to drink at these places just a few months ago. Besides..." Yamato spoke to Van, winking at me. "I thought it'd be more fun with Y/N-chan around than you, ya old geezer."

The cheeky blonde finished off his beer and then stuffed his mouth some of the tempura.

Lmao, old geezer...

Well, Van is the oldest of the group after all.

Eiji and I both stifled laughter.

"Wha—hey! I'll have you know that I am a man  fully in my prime! Ain't no geezer here!" Van raised his eyebrows and crossed his arms, incredulous.

"Pfffft, 'prime,' yet I'm the stronge—" Yamato began retorting.

"Okok guys, let's get some drinks." I interjected, trying to simmer them down.

"Heheh, good idea... do you want to try some sake with me, Y/N?" Eiji chimed in.

We ordered a sake that the waitstaff recommended while the other guys got some more beers. Thankfully, drinks arrived soon after.

"Ahh, that's the stuff. Though y'know Y/N, your cooking is still better~" Next to me, Yamato took a big gulp, and then shoveled some food into his mouth.

"Oooh, you're tried Y/N-chan's cooking? What did you have?" Eiji asked, interested.

"Best. Curry. Ever." Yamato smugly responded, proud of himself. He patted my back.

I took a sip of the sake, listening to them banter. The sake was very smooth and slightly bitter, but the richness of our meal helped counteract it.

Tasty...

Eiji and I exchanged an impressed look, enjoying the sake.

"Ehh? Y/N-chan!" Van pouted at me. "I wanna try your cooking sometime, too..."

"Nah, she's my chef now." Yamato put his arm around my shoulder, and finished off his beer.

"C'mon Y/N-chan, you should share a drink with me too..." Squeezing me a little, he grinned. His firey orange eyes met mine with a challenge.