CHAPTER 3

My eyes felt heavy and my head felt like it had been split into two. I groaned as I rolled in my bed. It felt extra soft. I wanted to sleep more when I hit a hard body. My eyes shit open and I sat up, the covers pooling around my waist.

The morning air hit my naked breasts and I quickly covered up.

What was happening? What was... Slowly, the memories started coming back to me. Cassius rejected me and took Camille as his mate.

I ran away and ended up serving drinks at a party. And that man....did he drug me?

He gave me his drink and I suddenly felt woozy. Shit! Shit! I needed to get out of here.

I grabbed clothes from the floor and quickly put them on. The man was still asleep on the bed and I wanted to slam his head repeatedly but it was best if I ran away before he woke up.

If he drugged me and assaulted me, there's no telling what he would do if he woke up.

I'm not even worried about getting justice after being assaulted. I knew it was pointless. Nothing would be done.

I left the room quietly. There were no guards or men around. I exited the building and bolted towards the pack borders.

I didn't relax until I was safely on my pack land. But as I arrived, I ran into a group of people. They were looking at me and talking.

It was definitely because of the humiliation I had received from Cassius yesterday. Anger filled me and I walked faster. Life was unfair for me.

I got rejected and assaulted in the same day. I hate my life.

I got to my house and opened the door. Father was seated on his favorite couch and Camille was laying down on one.

Mama was pacing the living room but stopped when she saw me.

"Where have you been Halsey?" She asked as she ran up to me.

"Out" I answered simply. I wasn't about to narrate what happened to her.

"Out? You vanished without a trace. Much worse your sister was selected as a mate. You didn't even stay to congratulate her"

I shouldn't be shocked by what came out of her mouth.

"Really?" She cocked her head, acting ignorant.

"I'm supposed to congratulate Camille?"

I heard a scoff but I didn't even look to know who it was.

"She's your sister"

"And Cassius was my mate" I heard Camille's laughter.

"I told you she was jealous of me mother dearest but you said it was a lie"

"Jealous?" Anger arose in me.

"Yes. That I got picked ans you got rejected"

"Enough of that Camille" my mother scolded.

"It's not Camille's fault that it happened. Don't fight your sister because of that. Be happy for her and you'll get your mate soon"

Her words made me to laugh. I didn't even know I could laugh even with the anger that I was feeling.

"Please go out of my way. I'll like to go to my room" I tried to push past my mother.

"You will not disrespect your mother in this house"

"Disrespect?" Whatever. I wasn't in the mood and I just wanted to go and rest in my bedroom.

"Excuse me" I tried to get past her again but father yanked me and pushed me roughly, causing me to land on the floor, hitting my head on the leg of the couch.

"Parker" mother rushed to me and tried to help me up.

"I've had enough of her behavior in this house" he roared.

"She cannot act like she's above the rest of us. This is my house and if she wants to live here, then she'll respect everyone"

"Respect? Why should I respect you. At every turn, you cannot afford to hide your hatred for me. I've never been enough for you. You've belittled and humiliated me at each turn. Punished me for things that weren't even anything. You never fail to hide that you love Camille more than you love me. Why bring me into this world then. Why didn't you just kill me?" I yelled.

"You think I never thought of it" he yelled back and silence fell over the room.

"Parker how could you say that" mother started but I didn't bother to listen. I pushed past all of them and went straight to my room.

I always knew but he finally admitted it. My father hated me and he had thought of killing me.

What a great life.

The days went back and I stayed away from my family and everyone. Cassius was made alpha but I missed the ceremony. I didn't want to see or talk to anyone.

My mother often dropped by whenever she had free time to try and speak to me but I didn't want to speak to her.

Days turned into weeks and I slowly returned to my normal life. I was mocked and stared at whenever I passed by but I ignored all of them.

My health was slowly deteriorating and I could barely keep anything down. I felt weak all the time and I was constantly throwing up.

I recognized the symptoms and I was scared. I had been with Cassius and that man who assaulted me. I visited the clinic and the doctor confirmed my fears. I was pregnant. Three weeks exactly and the father was that man who had assaulted me.

My life kept getting worse and i wished I could wake up from this terrible nightmare. A child.... I couldn't have a child. My father will kill me.

And even if he didn't, my child will suffer in this kind of environment. They would bully it just like they had done to me.

As I was walking, someone bumped into me.

"Sorry" I mumbled but the figure didn't say anything and continued walking. I noticed a paper stick to my dress and I removed it.

"Hey" I called after the figure but he was gone. I looked at the paper and read the contents.

'If he finds out about the child, you're both dead'

Our meeting wasn't a coincidence. And that man knew about the child and the man who had assaulted me.

I didn't want anything to happen to me and my child.

I had to leave this pack.

THANK YOU FOR READING❤️❤️. I HOPE TOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR HONEST COMMENTS.

Want to read more books? Check out my GoodNovel for my completed book. Check my page;

Fidelia_j

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/The-King-s-Destined-Mate_31000661970