CHAPTER 2

I felt a sharp pain in my heart, spreading all over my chest and my legs felt weak.

"What?" There were whispers in the crowd. He let go of my hand and walked back to the crowd. My eyes followed him until I saw where he stopped. He took her hand and held it out.

"I was given a mate but not all choices from the goddess are perfect. I want a suitable mate for my image. This is Camille. My chosen mate" cheers erupted from the crowd while I stood there still trying to make sense of what was happening.

"My son has chosen his mate and the ceremony will be held in the next three days" the crowd pushed through me as they hurried to congratulate the couple. I was tripped and I fell. A few people stepped on my hand in their hurry but I didn't register the pain. Not when my heart was tearing into different pieces.

I was alone ok the floor while the crowd surrounded them. Tears blinded my vision but I picked myself from the floor. I looked over at them and saw my parents, smiling and congratulating the couple.

Feeling betrayed and hurt, I ran away. I didn't stop running until I couldn't feel my legs again. And when I realized where I was, I had already crossed our borders into the neighboring pack.

The white valley pack was on good terms with our pack and we crossed into each others territory without any issues.

I didn't like to be away from my pack but I had no option. I couldn't be there now. Not after what happened.

Cassius has lied to me and deceived me. How long has he been planning that? Did Camille also know he was my mate before today?

How.... How could he do this to me?

My feet carried me through the packs city until I arrived at a building. The pain in my chest has gotten worse and I just needed to lay down for a minute.

My head was throbbing from the crying I did. And.... I could feel the bond between Cassius and I severing. He had marked my sister. The pain only got worse and my body felt weak. I sat down by the side of the building just to rest for a minute but I blacked out from the pain.

When I woke up, the day was already far gone and evening was creeping in. I was out for a long time. The pain in my chest has reduced to a dull ache and I could no longer feel the connection of the mate bond I shared with Cassius.

I was bitter.

"Hey you. Why are you standing there? Get here and start serving" one man suddenly yelled at me.

"Me? But I'm not...." He didn't bother to listen to what I had to say and grabbed me, pulling me into the building.

"Excuse me..." he thrust me into a room and thrust a uniform into my hand.

"Get dressed if you don't want to get punished this instant" he said with a hard voice and then he disappeared. I didn't get the chance to explain that I wasn't the person he thought I was. But his threat of punishment had me moving quickly.

I got dressed and stepped out. A guard was waiting outside and thrust a tray of drinks into my hand.

"Take it to the men over there" he pointed at a group of scary looking men across the room.

I hesitated but he nudged my shoulders.

"Go now. They've been waiting for their drinks"

"Okay" I dragged my legs across the room, heading for the group of men. As I drew closer, I took in their faces. They were all handsome, jaw dropping handsome. There were also beautiful girls hanging on the side of their chairs or on their legs.

All except one. He looked deep in thoughts as he smoked a cigarette. Our eyes met for a brief second and I quickly looked at the floor. I dropped the tray of drinks and I got ready to leave.

"You" I froze in my tracks and I turned around. The man that caught me staring was looking straight at me.

He was relaxed alone on a couch, his dark eyes trailing all over me. Compared to the other men.... He had striking features.

Well defined eyebrows, thick lashes and intense eyes. He had a straight nose and perfect lips that looked juicy.

Shit! Halsey what are you thinking.

"Come here" he curves his fingers, calling me to him.

I looked around and the other men had their eyes on me. They were scary and I couldn't afford to disobey them.

"My lord..." one man started speaking but he stopped him.

"Come" he called again and my legs moved until I was next to him. He took my wrist, and then he dragged me onto his legs. I felt a jolt go through me and my stomach fluttered.

What's going on? Why was I feeling this way? My wolf was silent... still recovering from the loss of her true mate. I couldn't explain the feelings I was having.

The man sniffed me, his hot breath hitting my face and making me feel warm.

"Have a drink" he held the cup to my lips. I could feel eyes on us. But my attention was on him. Strangely, I wanted to do everything he asked of me.

I took a drink from the glass and winced at the butter taste. He chuckled, the deep rich sound vibrating in his chest and against my side.

He took the glass and downed the contents in one go without making a face. His fingers danced lightly behind my neck and his eyes flickered to my lips ever so often.

Suddenly he stood up, taking him with me.

"My lord..."

"Do not disturb us" he commanded in a deep voice and then he carried me away. I said nothing, still immersed in his gaze.

My body grew warmer and the only thing I could focus on was him. He staggered a bit as we walked but his grip on me remained firm. We arrived at a door and he quickly opened it, pushing us inside and locking the door.

"W-Why...." My words were slurred and my vision was blurry. I felt his string hold around my waist and a burst of tingles followed.

"So sweet" I heard him mumble but I couldn't be quite sure because everything was fading. Slowly, and slowly until it all faded into black.

THANK YOU FOR READING❤️❤️. I HOPE TOU ENJOY THIS CHAPTER. PLEASE LEAVE YOUR HONEST COMMENTS.

Want to read more books? Check out my GoodNovel for my completed book. Check my page;

Fidelia_j

https://www.goodnovel.com/book/The-King-s-Destined-Mate_31000661970