CHAPTER 6

"Okay. Let's go Keith. Melissa" Katherine collected Keith from my arms.

"Mummy" he whined.

"Halsey" Nadira called at the same time.

"Can we just talk"

"She doesn't want to speak to you. Don't you get it? Get lost"

"She's my cousin and I need to speak to her" Nadira raised her voice. She still sounded whiny and demanding like I remembered.

"I do not want to speak to you. Get lost" I turned around and walked away with Katherine.

"Who would have thought you would run into someone like that here" Katherine scoffed.

"The lady is following us" Keith announced and I came to a stop, turning around. Nadira was marching towards us, determination on her face.

"I want to talk to you"

"This bitch" Katherine muttered.

"What are you going to do Nadira? Pull me by my hair and force me to listen? Slap my face repeatedly and stomp on my fingers?" I sneered at her and she had the audacity to look embarrassed.

She looked at both sides of her shoulders and took a step back.

"I'm not that kind of person anymore" she said in a small voice and I rolled my eyes. I wasn't interested in the kind of person she was now. I wanted her to stay the hell away from me.

"Stay the fuck away from me Nadira. You wouldn't want your mate finding out what you did for fun years ago" she paled and I smirked. That should keep her away from me now.

I turned around and we walked out, this time, Nadira didn't follow us. I heaved a sigh, my shoulders slumping as soon as I stepped outside.

"It's okay Halsey, she's not going to do anything to you"

"I'm not scared of her doing anything to me Katherine. I'm frightened because she knows where I am and she knows about Keith"

"None of them can do anything to you" she said firmly and I wanted to believe but it was difficult.

Knowledge gave them power over me. When nobody knew of Keith's existence, I was relaxed in a way I couldn't explain but Nadira knows now. And she'll be sharing with the rest of the people who I never wanted to know what happened after I left that pack.

I was occupied by my thoughts as we returned home. Katherine stayed with the children while I kept myself busy with anything that I could use to occupy my time.

"Keith is worried about you" Katherine's sudden appearance in the doorway brought me out of by messy thoughts.

"Katherine..." I whined, sitting down for the first time since we returned.

"I've told you. You have nothing to worry about. She's scared about anyone finding out what a terrible bitch she was so she won't be trying anything. She's just here to visit and she'll be gone once again"

"I hope so Katherine"

"It'll be okay" she pulled me in for a hug and I hugged her back. I was thankful for having her in my corner.

"So are you joining me for the party or has she ruined your mood for the day"

Kathrine has been looking forward to this party for a long time. It was all she talked about and I began to anticipate it because of how much she talked about. I already agreed to go with her and I didn't want to change my mind or I'll disappoint her greatly.

Besides, I couldn't let Nadira's presence ruin something I had been looking forward to for a long time. I didn't spend all these years healing and moving on from the torment they forced me to endure just to let it crumble because of her.