Worst In Me

Stiles and Darcy are cooking dinner for everyone, because after Darcy heard the story of bitchy Stiles and the best breakfast ever – her title – Stiles has to agree that getting everyone together for dinner would be an amazing thing. Stiles thinks this is going to be the best dinner and a show he'll get in New York City, so he agrees to help.

Most of the group is already in the large common area, trying to be stealthy but really being very obvious as they try to get a glimpse of what he and Darcy are making. He's using his phone to look up a recipe, and he jumps when it starts to vibrate across the countertop.

The screen flashes with a picture of Liam. If Liam is willingly calling him, Stiles always tries to answer, especially since Scott is usually his go-to person for everything.

"Who is Annoying Little Shit?" Darcy asks, a wide grin on her face.

Derek frowns and looks up from his phone, from where he's seated on one of the sofas. "Why is Liam calling you?"

That gets the attention of most of the others in the room. "Okay, one, you calling someone an annoying little shit is the highest form of hypocrisy," Stark says to Stiles before turning to Derek. "Second, the fact that you know who that is just by what the person is called in his contacts is hilarious."

Derek rolls his eyes, gesturing to the phone.

"Can you answer that? Put it on speaker," Stiles says, holding up his hands that are still covered in melted marshmallow. Darcy does as requested, placing the phone close to him with the microphone pointed toward them. "Hey, bud. You're on speaker and I'm in a semi-public place, FYI. Control your crazy."

"Um. Okay?" Liam stops, takes a few deep breaths, and then starts again. "Have you talked to Scott lately?"

Frowning, Stiles tries to think of the last time he chatted with the other alpha. Now he's starting to worry, because what if Scott's off-grid? "I think I texted him last night? It was only a check in. Why?"

Liam huffs, and Stiles knows it's going to be one of those calls. "Okay, so, there's this girl--"

"Oh Jesus, kid," Stiles blurts out. The conversation takes a way different turn than he expected. He is not the person the pack goes to for relationship advice, even if his own is kickass. "I am not drunk enough for this type of conversation."

"Don't call me kid!" Liam snaps. "You're only four years older than me!"

"Fine. You're a manly man whose voice definitely didn't just crack like you're going through puberty all over again, even though I remember those years already happening because you were a ball of happy sunshine."

Stiles probably didn't have to go that heavy on the sarcasm, but his tolerance for Liam is about half that of any other pack member, especially when there are females involved. He continues to mix the marshmallows and rice crispy cereal together, waiting for Liam to actually get to the point. The other end is silent for a few more moments. "Do you need some ice to go on that burn?" he asks with a grin.