Rugby Sevens Bet

(This one-shot is based off of the game Sonic and Mario at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics and takes place in the game Rugby Sevens (as per the title) I hope you enjoy 😚💗 P.S drink some water you beautiful dehydrated mf 😘😘)

Sonic squeezed his way through the crowd, being pushed and shoved because of all the excitement. Everyone was here to see the game and Sonic desperately needed another team-mate. He had left Tails and Knuckles on the field, as well as the opposing team consisting of Mario, Bowser, Peach and Daisy. After saying "excuse me" countless times trying to scramble his way through all the people taking their seats, he arrived at two seats occupied by familiar faces. 

"Hey Rouge, hey Shadow!" Sonic smiled with relief.

"Hello Blue, it's so good to see you," the aquamarine-eyed bat smiled warmly at the hedgehog. 

Sonic glanced at Shadow with a small smile, "We need one more team-mate and everyone else is at other events; Silver and Blaze are at Canoeing, Vector is at Boxing and Amy's at Gymnastics. Soo..." he trailed off.

Rouge immediately flicked her look to Shadow. "Well I only compete in Sport Climbing. Besides, I wouldn't want my makeup or nails to get ruined roughing it out on the field," she pouted holding out her hands, admiring her sparkling nail polish. 

"So, you want me to help you out?" Shadow smirked at Sonic.

"Pleaseee? You're our last hope. We won't be able to play without another team-mate," Sonic reluctantly begged, clasping his hands together.

Shadow rolled his eyes at Sonic's behaviour but nodded in agreement. "I'll play on your team. Though I usually like to compete against you," Shadow added that last part in a quieter voice.

Sonic must have heard because as Shadow got up out of his seat and squeezed past Rouge, Sonic held out his hand. "To make this more fun, whoever gets less points, conversions included, has to buy the other lunch."

Shadow looked thoughtfully at Sonic's hand before reaching out to shake hands, "Deal."

The darker hedgehog's eyes widened as Sonic beamed and took off running down the steps to the field, still holding onto his hand. Rouge watched them go with an amused grin on her face. Eventually the two made it to the middle of the field where Tails and Knuckles were still waiting. 

"Look who's gonna play with us!" Sonic raised Shadow's hand excitedly. 

Tails turned around, smiling awkwardly, "You managed to get Shadow to join us?"

Knuckles shrugged his shoulders, "At least now we can actually play, let's get started already."

Everyone got positioned on the field, Sonic at the front, Tails on the right, Knuckles on the left, Shadow at the back and then the three robots further back. Sonic stared down his competition, holding the ball under his right arm. 

"Kick off!" Boomed the loud voice throughout the stadium, initiating the game. 

Sonic let go of the ball and kicked it sending it flying over his opponents. Mario ran back, leaping in the air to catch it, before beginning his run towards Sonic's team. 

Mario passed to Bowser quickly, who then passed back to Mario as soon as Knuckles came running towards him. The ball was then passed further down to one of the Boom Boom Koopas until Tails slid and grabbed his ankles. 

Mario regained the ball until Shadow knocked into him, giving Sonic enough time to scoop up the ball and run off with it. He tossed it to one of the robots who passed the ball back and forth with another robot, evading Mario's team. The robots got close enough to the try line and-