Ginny Weasley

Profile

Name: Ginevra Molly Weasley Potter
Age: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 35
Home: The Burrow
Job: Student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Mother: Molly Weasley
Father: Arthur Weasley
Siblings: Ron Weasley, Fred and George Weasley, Percy Weasley, Charlie Weasley, Bill Weasley
Married to: Harry Potter
Mother of: Lily Potter, James Potter, Albus Potter
Patronus: Horse
Weapon: Wand

Short but informative biography

Ginny was first ever mentioned in the Harry Potter series on the Platform 9 3/4. She was just "Ron's annoying little sister" at that point, but the Ginny Weasley we know today is much more of a strong girl. She first started her career as a Hogwarts student the year after Harry, Ron and Hermione. She was always very shy and embarrassed around Harry, seeing as she had an enormous crush on him at the time. But trouble was planted on her, even before she boarded the Hogwarts Express. In Flourish and Blotts, Mr. Lucius Malfoy placed Tom Riddle's diary inside one of her school books. She opened it and wrote to Tom, causing all the attacks on the Muggleborn students unknowingly, including some of her close friends like Colin Creevey and Hermione Granger.
She was getting suspicious of herself, but by then, it was too late. Tom had fully possessed her and she was dragged down to the Chamber of Secrets to die. Harry ended up saving her, and Ginny's school year ended to a haunting note, but everything was OK, because no one died or was hurt permanently. The next year at Hogwarts, we didn't hear much about Ginny. She was happy to finally be free and enjoy herself with her friends and family. Over the course of the school year, she was able to act more like herself around Harry, using the clever advice Hermione had given her. Next thing you know, she's attending the Yule Ball with Neville Longbottom! It didn't go so great (it might be because of Neville constant trodding on her toes while dancing) but she met up with a boy named Michael Corner, and they made plans together, eventually becoming girlfriend and boyfriend. Next summer, Ginny, the twins, Ron, Harry and Hermione all end up at number 12, Grimmauld Place. Ginny had now become a rebellious and high-spirited teenage girl. She had lots of friends and was popular amongst school peers. She used her sneaky skills to repeatedly find out how to overhear the Order of the Phoenix's meeting, unfortunately without success. Ginny helped recruit three Ravenclaw boys for Dumbledore's Army at the sign up due to the fact she was dating one: Michael Corner, Terry Boot and Anthony Goldstein. She soon became a loyal member, even managing to produce a horse patronus after several meetings worth of hard work. Finally, towards the end of the school year, Ginny, Luna, Neville, Harry, Ron and Hermione escaped Umbridge and the Inquisitorial Squad, rushing to the Ministry of Magic to save Sirius, only to find a gang of Deatheaters. (But lets not forget her powerful and amazing Reducto). Everyone battled them hard, but one by one, each Hogwarts student was down, leaving only Neville (with his broken wand) and Harry. Ginny had broken her ankle and was getting pale and cold extremely fast. Hermione and Luna were unconscious, Ron had been attacked by the brains in the tank, and Ginny couldn't walk. Soon thereafter, members of The Order of the Phoenix arrived as well as Dumbledore. They all went (sadly) back to Hogwarts, grieving Sirius' death. Ginny broke up with Michael and moved on to Dean Thomas, much to Ron's constant dislike. Finally in Ginny's fifth year, she was on the Hogwarts Express when Zacharias Smith kept asking about the Ministry, she bogey-bat hexed him, earning a spot in Slughorn's carriage for lunch. She didn't have a connection to anyone well-known in the Wizarding World, but her abilities and fast wits impressed him all the same. When Slughorn had his first class with Harry, in the Armortentia potion, Harry could smell Ginny's perfume. Over the course of the school year, she managed a spot on the Gryffindor Quidditch team as a chaser, and kept arguing with Dean, eventually breaking up with him. Finally, when she played as supply seeker for Harry and won the Quidditch Cup, Harry kissed her. From that moment on, they became girlfriend and boyfriend. Ginny took her O. W. L. S. that year as well. When Dumbledore's body was found at the bottom of the tower, Ginny comforted Harry as he wept over the dead headmaster. After Dumbledore's funereal, Harry broke up with Ginny to protect her from Dark Forces and mainly Voldemort, so he couldn't use her as a weapon again. But, at before Bill and Fleur's wedding, Ginny and Harry had a private moment and they surrendered their love for one another, making out until George came and sort of ruined the moment. At the wedding, Harry was unable to stay around Ginny, though he protected her from Viktor Krum's eager eyes. When they were attacked by the deatheaters, Ginny couldn't get to Harry through all the wedding guests, and watched helplessly as he, Hermione and Ron apparated away. She returned to Hogwarts and re-started Dumbledore's Army with the help of Neville and Luna. They broke into Snape's office and tried to steal the sword of Gryffindor, unable to prevail, landing themselves in detention with Hagrid. They stayed at Hogwarts until Ginny wasn't allowed to go back after Easter, leaving Neville by himself to run DA. When Harry, Hermione and Ron returned to Hogwarts to battle and find the final Horcrux, Ginny and Harry had their supposed "last kiss" and both went off to fight. Ginny ended up trying to get Bellatrix Lestrange, but was stunned, leaving her mother to take over the work. She was comforting a fallen girl in the hallway when Harry walked by. She was the last thing Harry thought of before the killing curse struck him. Finally, Harry was brought to Hogwarts from the forest as 'dead', and Ginny was crying and screaming and fighting for him. To everyone's surprise, he hadn't died and he and Ginny were finally together after Voldemort was defeated. 19 years later, Ginny and Harry are married and have three kids: James Sirius Potter, Albus Severus Potter and Lily Luna Potter. To this day, they remain happy and in love.