Chapter 13

Wen Zhuliu and Wen Chao were kneeling in front of sect Leader Wen in the fire palaces thrown room. They had just relayed what had happened in Yiling. Wen Rouhan had a thoughtful look on his face as he processed what he had just heard. Clearing his throat as he leaned forward, he spoke.

"A-Chao leave us alone."

He told Wen Chao, who rises and bowed to his father before he walked towards the door. When he reached it, he opened it and walked through it, closing it behind him once again. Wen Rouhan leaned forward his full attention on Wen Zhuliu before he spoke again.

"Are you sure that they are time travelers Wen Zhuliu?".

"Yes, my lord."

Wen Zhuliu answered truthfully.

"And they protected A-Ning. Did it look as if A-Ning knew them?".

Wen Rouhan asked with curiosity in his voice.

"No, my Lord."

Wen Zhuliu once again answered.

"I see. Maybe I should invite them for a visit just to see them for myself. To see the one who had managed to snuck behind you and held a sword to your neck."

Wen Rouhan said, and Wen Zhuliu bowed his head lower before he spoke.

"Forgive this one, my Lord. You can punish this one as my Lord sees fit. I should have been more prepared, and I was not."

Wen Rouhan looked at the man before him with his head bowed lowed. He won't punish him. it's just that no one had ever been able to come this close to Wen Zhuliu, but some time traveler did. That begs the question. Who are these people, and why are they here. There is only one way to find out. Inviting them over and seeing for himself who they really are.

"Rise, I won't punish you, but I am going to invite them over."

He said and leaned back in his chair.

"Forgive this one, my Lord. But is it a wise decision to do that knowing the goal my Lord is working towards. "

Wen Zhuliu asked still with his head bowed even though he was standing.

"Wen Zhuliu. Sometimes, you have to invite the enemy into your home to get a better understanding of who they are. Seek out their weaknesses and how eventually to defeat them. I want you to convey my invitation to them personally. You are dismissed."

Wen Rouhan gave the order.

"Yes, my Lord."

Wen Zhuliu said as he came out of his bow and left. Wen Rouhan, watch him leave. His eyes and face harden. He will not allow anyone to come and mess up his plans or stand in his way. They can't anyway mess with the time line to much. They can make small changes, but anything bigger will definitely be a disaster. With a satisfied smile, he stood up and walked towards the two yin iron pieces swirling over a big pit. The undead walking aimlessly in circles.
Watching his creations, he promised himself that he would make them stronger and near impossible to beat. The clans have no idea what is coming for them.

Meng Yao was supposed to be in the Unclean Realm running things until the sect leader returned. Instead, he discreetly followed the sect leader and the two omegas to the Cloud Recess. He has been out of the loop for far too long, and it's grating on him. He is currently making his way through Caiyi Town when he spotted the Jiang sect Leader and heir whose face looks like murder. He wondered what could have happened to make the young master look so murderous only one way to find out really. He quickly but discreetly made his way over to where the father and son were standing waiting for their boat.