Chapter 32

The next morning, after having their breakfast in Wei Ying and Lan Zhan's room, they sent an emergency butterfly message to the Cloud Recess and the Unclean Realm, and Wen Ning also send one to his sister. Without much information they only asked them to arrive as soon as possible. After that, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan left telling Wen Ning and Huaisang that they would try and find out if maybe something else lived within those woods.

Two hours later, they were back but were still not one step closer as to what spook the living daylights out of Huaisang that made him react the way he did the night before. Even the ones who lived in the small town their whole lives could give them anything, not even a hint, so they at least have a starting point as to where to begin.

When the emergency butterflies reach their intended recipients. They waste no time in gathering some of their more experience senior disciples and set of. Wen Qing also left after informing her family. With words of being careful and promise that she would be, she left.

The first one to arrive was Wen Qing. Lan Zhan and Wen Ning were waiting on the steps of the inn they were staying in. As soon as she spotted them while walking through the small town, she immediately headed over to them. As soon as she arrived, Wen Ying showed her inside after greetings were exchanged between the three of them as Lan Zhan stayed behind. It did not take much longer for the others to arrived and soon they were all seated around the low table.

The inn owner came over to take everyone's orders, and they also inquired about some rooms for all of them as soon as they heard what the four young men told them exactly what had happened the night before. The inn owner immediately instructed his servants to get the rooms ready as he saw to their food order.

"A-Sang, I think it would be best if Wen Ning takes to back to Yiling until all of this is sorted out."

Mingjue told his brother, who looked not to please with what he had just said.

"A-Sang, A-jue is right. From what we have heard, I think it would be for the best."

Xichen said before Huaisang could protest, and he solemnly nodded his head just as the servants came over with their food and drinks and placed it on the table before them. They started to eat in silence, and once they were finished, they sent both Wen Ning and Huaisang off and made their way towards the woods.

"The two of you could not sense anything out of the ordinary A-Ying and A-Zhan?."

Boashan asked the two young men as they walked, and they both shook their heads no.

"It's strange that the two of you did not sense anything, and yet A-Sang could feel that something was wrong."

She continued as she looked from the two young men towards the others. They were also confused, and it clearly showed on their faces. A few paces behind them were the Nie and Lan disciples walking as their eyes were taking in their surroundings. As the group continued to walk deeper into the woods, they placed their hands on their swords and sabers when suddenly they felt a strange presence off in the distance.

The three elders looked at each other before Qinghen-Jun spoke as they neared the clearing laying before them.

"Everyone be ready. I do not think that we are alone in these woods anymore."

Everyone unsheath their swords as their eyes roamed around the clearing and beyond as they all took on their fighting stance. An eerie and ominous sound reached their ears before an inhuman like growl made them feel fear ripped through their bodies.

"What was that?."

Wei Ying asked before hurried running footsteps drew his attention before anyone could answer him. They all took a step back when the creature of that sound suddenly appeared before them. Gasps of shock and horror escaped their mouths when they saw it.