Chapter 17

All the sect leaders arrived with their sect heirs and disciples for the Qishan Wen annual hunt, and so did Lan Wangji and his family. They all took their places as the heirs and the disciples took their places in front of the raised platforms where the Chief Cultivator and sect Leaders were sitting. Seeing how the chief cultivator was sitting higher and the other sect leaders practically had to look up to him made Lan Wangji and A-Ying realise that the Wen sect leader indeed were telling these people that he is untouchable and that he is their superior. Looking across from them. They saw Wen Chao also sitting on a raised platform. Drinking and being disrespectful towards the sect leaders of the other sects, but what surprised them most. Were the fact that no one said anything and they were just taking it.

Sitting between the Lan sect and Nie sect, the two let their eyes wonder towards the Jiang sect. Madame Yu were glaring at them with so much anger and hatred, and A-Ying could not help himself. He smiled and lifted his hand to wave at her. Her eyes flash purple as her anger grows, and she is halfway out of her seat when Fengmian grabs her left arm and pulls her down.

"Do not make a scene, my lady. He is just trying to provoke you. I will bring up what happened to you as soon as I got the chance."

Fengmian told her, and she begrudgingly sat down and instead looked ahead of her. Next to her, Fengmian sighs and shakes his head lightly. A-Ying chuckles softly, and Wangji turns his head and whispers softly.

"A-Ying behave, please."

A-Ying glances up at his mate and whispers back.

"Ah, Lan Zhan, I'm just greeting the poor soul. There is nothing wrong with that. Is there?."

Lan Wangji just smiles and shakes his head at his mate, knowing full well that his mate was definitely trying to provoke that woman.

"I would like to personally thank the time travelers for attending our hunt. I do hope that they would find it pleasing and up to their standards."

Wen Rouhan spoke, and everyone's eyes immediately shifted to them and then their children.

"I see that it's only your four children taken part in the hunt. Don't you have any disciples?."

He asked, and Lan Wangji answered.

"My children are more than capable of looking after themselves chief cultivator Wen. You do not have to worry yourself over small matters."

Shocked gasped,went through the place as Lan Wangji stared the man down. Wen Rouhan smiles and nods his head. Message received. He then continues to welcome all the sect leaders and heirs with their disciples. After that, the hunt was declared open, and the sect heirs and their disciples made their way onto the hunting grounds. Jingyi and  Lan Ming waved to their parents while Fenhua and Sizhui had them a small nod, earning them loving smiles from their parents before they made their onto the hunting ground.

Wen Rouhan, watch the four leave. Wen Zhuliu could not find out anything. The people of Yiling are not talking, nor have they had anything bad to say about the family. What is interesting, though? Is that apparently the Burial Mounds had been locked down and the ghost, ayo's, and undead even the resentful energy were pulled back all around Yiling. What is it that he is missing about the six of them?. Maybe he will find out soon.

The other sect leaders were enjoying themselves drinking and eating and watching, hoping that one of their sect flares would go up. Well, they did not have to wait long for one to go up in consecutive motions. It's one they did not recognize, and it brought a frown to their faces while the two parents smiled proudly. The flare was a mixture of black,red, and blue, and it resembles the form of a wolf. Lan Wangji looked at his mate with a question in his eyes.