Prologue

~~ Your POV ~~

Today was just like any other day. Wake up, go to school, hang out with friends, then go to work. See? Normal. I had just closed up the little antiques shop, owned by Mrs. Soarling. She was a nice lady. About in her late 70's, and a widow. I've known her all my life though, and she took me in when I was 5, and my parents died. I was taking my usual short cut through some back roads. After a few minutes, I felt like I was being followed. I quickly looked back, but saw nothing. So I started walking again. After what seemed like only seconds, I heard footsteps and whispering. I quickened my pace, and they quickened theirs. Completely scared now, I took off, fully sprinting. That's when I heard the shouting. I stool a glance at them. 'A gang? But why?!' I kept on running, never slowing down. But just my luck. A dead end. The road to the right was blocked off, and the road to the left, lead to the woods. I decided to take my chances, and went to the left. I ran through the first line of trees, but they followed. I ran until I thought I had lost them, but by then, I also had lost where I was. I frantically looked about, and for a split second, I thought I saw orange eyes staring down into mine. Thoroughly scared now, I ran, and trip. I tried to brace myself when I fell, but I accidentally twisted my left wrist.

"Ow! Gosh dang it!" (A/n: yes you just said that. Right now you don't really swear. You might later on though.) I sat up and cradled my wrist gently. But it didn't help the pain. After a few minutes of continuous waves of pain, I couldn't help but let the tears fall from my eyes. I sat there for a good 10 minutes, my urge to cry, coming and going with the pain. I heard a twig snap behind me, and then growling.

"Oh, What now?!" I said out loud, but that was an extreamly bad mistake. I heard howling, and guess what? I ran. I'm amazed my lungs haven't burst yet, though they still felt like they would. The wolves chased me down, and one jumped, biting, and crushing the bones in my right arm, and causing me to trip. I kicked the wolf in he gut, and it let go. Now getting a good look at it, it was huge! No wolf could ever be this big. I quickly stood up, and kicked a rock twords its face, and it hit its mark, buying me time to run. My legs started to feel so weak, I didn't know if I was gonna make it to safety. But my luck finally turned. I saw a building, and not giving it a second thought, I barged in. I once again had made a horrible mistake. I met hundreds of pairs of eyes. Most were hissing, growling, giving me hungry stares, or showing off what appeared to be.... Fangs? I noticed that the wolves had stopped chasing me. 'Well thats one thing I don't have to worry about then.' I thought, jus before the pain from my broken arm set in, along with everything else. I slouched to the floor and cried. Not little sniffles, that came and went, but full on bawling my eyes out.

My luck bites.